Electrical pole blocking footpath set to be moved
- Credit: Jim Rocket
An electrical pole that had been blocking the middle of a footpath is set to be moved.
The pre-existing pole, on Claypit Lane in Fakenham, ended up in the middle of a pavement after new housing was built.
UK Power Networks (UKPN) and North Norfolk District Council said they were working hard to get the pole moved.
Christopher Cushing, district councillor for Lancaster North, said he had raised the issue with the council's enforcement team.
“The enforcement team acted quickly in response to my concern," said Mr Cushing.
"They have approval to serve a Breach of Notice on UKPN, which will stipulate that the pole will need to be removed and replaced with underground cables.”
A spokesman for UKPN said: “This pole and electrical equipment was in place long before a new footpath and houses were built."
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 3 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 4 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 5 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Community groups call on people to get involved with riverside day
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
“We are in close contact with our customer about their request for us to relocate the pole."
UKPN is in the process of drawing up plans to complete the work.