Lottery grant allows community group to offer free activity tasters
- Credit: Archant
A voluntary group in Fakenham is to offer a series of free activity tasters after being awarded a grant from the National Lottery.
Active Fakenham secured a £9,900 grant from the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund, allowing them to offer free sessions, which range from creative writing and yoga, to indoor studio cycling and squash.
Active Fakenham chairperson Richard Crook said that the group will offer a total of 40 sessions.
“There are sessions on social media, first aid, parent and child exercises, photography, golf, bridge, group cycling, and more,” he said.
“We even have skilled personal trainers offering sessions on how to use the two outside gyms in town. We have also had great support from many organisations and businesses in the town and would like to thank them.”
You may also want to watch:
The lottery grant will also go towards a year-long programme of activities in the town.
For more information visit the Active Fakenham website.
- 1 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 2 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 3 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 4 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 5 Street light debate councillor says education would stop fear of dark
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 8 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 9 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 10 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints