Fakenham shop to host Macmillan Coffee Morning
- Credit: Gary Luck
A Fakenham shop is set to host a coffee morning for a good cause.
GJL Animal Feed is hosting a Macmillan Coffee Morning on September 24 to raise money for the cancer charity.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, it will be the firm’s first fundraising event in more than 18 months.
Karen Tait, office administrator for the Clipbush Park business, said staff had been spurred on by a colleague’s illness.
“There is a personal element as a member of staff was recently affected and Macmillan has been a lifeline for them,” she said.
“It was our was ambition to do a coffee morning for them. They are looking forward to the simple pleasure of enjoying a hot drink with someone else.
“A charity like Macmillan is community-based as it affects so many people.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 3 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 4 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 5 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Community groups call on people to get involved with riverside day
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 10 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
“A coffee, a slice of cake and a chat seem like a good way out of the pandemic.”
The coffee morning will also feature a raffle at 10.30am.