Major three-vehicle crash on the A47 at North Tuddenham
Richard Parr Emergency services were this morning dealing with a major three vehicle crash on the A47 at North Tuddenham and at least one person was said to be seriously injured.
The A47 was re-opened early this afternoon after being closed for several hours following a major three vehicle crash at North Tuddenham, near Dereham, in which three people were taken to hospital and treated for injuries.
One of the injured was a woman, aged in her 50s, who was said to be in a “serious” condition. She was taken by land ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and was given medical treatment on the way by paramedics. The other two injured people, who were also taken to the same hospital, but their conditions were not believed to have been life threatening.
Traffic hold-ups of up to three miles were reported from the rush hour collision with people held up as they headed to Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
The injured were released from the wreckage in the accident involving a lorry, tractor and a car.
The incident happened at about 8am on the Norwich-bound dual carriageway as it goes into the single lane. The closed section of the A47 was reopened from 12.15pm.
- 1 'A soft spot for it' - Owner of WaffleOpolis coming back to Fakenham
- 2 Boy, 13, praised after rescuing railway sign from river
- 3 Dragons and dinosaurs to feature at new adventure trail opening in Norfolk
- 4 It's coming home - via the third exit! Roundabouts get England makeover
- 5 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 6 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 7 Town's flower display blooms back to life
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 10 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
Emergency services, including police, air ambulance, land ambulances, and five fire crews from Norwich, Dereham and Swaffham were at the scene where the road had been closed and diversions set up through Swanton Morley.
A police spokesman said this afternoon that there were no names or details available relating to the injuries of the other two injured people.
Look out for regular up-dates on the accident and if you saw the accident or were delayed by the road closure contact us at email@example.com