Major three-vehicle crash on the A47 at North Tuddenham
Richard Parr Emergency services were this morning dealing with a major three vehicle crash on the A47 at North Tuddenham and at least one person was said to be seriously injured.
The A47 was re-opened early this afternoon after being closed for several hours following a major three vehicle crash at North Tuddenham, near Dereham, in which three people were taken to hospital and treated for injuries.
One of the injured was a woman, aged in her 50s, who was said to be in a “serious” condition. She was taken by land ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and was given medical treatment on the way by paramedics. The other two injured people, who were also taken to the same hospital, but their conditions were not believed to have been life threatening.
Traffic hold-ups of up to three miles were reported from the rush hour collision with people held up as they headed to Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
The injured were released from the wreckage in the accident involving a lorry, tractor and a car.
The incident happened at about 8am on the Norwich-bound dual carriageway as it goes into the single lane. The closed section of the A47 was reopened from 12.15pm.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 3 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 4 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 5 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 6 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 7 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 8 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 9 Fakenham shop to host Macmillan Coffee Morning
- 10 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed
Emergency services, including police, air ambulance, land ambulances, and five fire crews from Norwich, Dereham and Swaffham were at the scene where the road had been closed and diversions set up through Swanton Morley.
A police spokesman said this afternoon that there were no names or details available relating to the injuries of the other two injured people.
Look out for regular up-dates on the accident and if you saw the accident or were delayed by the road closure contact us at email@example.com