Major three-vehicle crash on the A47 at North Tuddenham
Richard Parr Emergency services were this morning dealing with a major three vehicle crash on the A47 at North Tuddenham and at least one person was said to be seriously injured.
The A47 was re-opened early this afternoon after being closed for several hours following a major three vehicle crash at North Tuddenham, near Dereham, in which three people were taken to hospital and treated for injuries.
One of the injured was a woman, aged in her 50s, who was said to be in a “serious” condition. She was taken by land ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and was given medical treatment on the way by paramedics. The other two injured people, who were also taken to the same hospital, but their conditions were not believed to have been life threatening.
Traffic hold-ups of up to three miles were reported from the rush hour collision with people held up as they headed to Norwich.
The injured were released from the wreckage in the accident involving a lorry, tractor and a car.
The incident happened at about 8am on the Norwich-bound dual carriageway as it goes into the single lane. The closed section of the A47 was reopened from 12.15pm.
- 1 Main road through seaside town to close for five weeks
- 2 Obituary: Farm merchant who helped save revered brewing barley dies aged 81
- 3 Nurse relives crash drama as calls for road to be gritted grow
- 4 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 5 Fakenham firms keen to protect customers as rate of inflation soars
- 6 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 7 New special school opens doors to first students
- 8 The Floods of 1953 in Norfolk: Remembering the heroes who helped
- 9 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 10 30-year-old to take over as district council leader
Emergency services, including police, air ambulance, land ambulances, and five fire crews from Norwich, Dereham and Swaffham were at the scene where the road had been closed and diversions set up through Swanton Morley.
A police spokesman said this afternoon that there were no names or details available relating to the injuries of the other two injured people.
Look out for regular up-dates on the accident and if you saw the accident or were delayed by the road closure contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org