Major three-vehicle crash on the A47 at North Tuddenham
Richard Parr Emergency services were this morning dealing with a major three vehicle crash on the A47 at North Tuddenham and at least one person was said to be seriously injured.
The A47 was re-opened early this afternoon after being closed for several hours following a major three vehicle crash at North Tuddenham, near Dereham, in which three people were taken to hospital and treated for injuries.
One of the injured was a woman, aged in her 50s, who was said to be in a “serious” condition. She was taken by land ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and was given medical treatment on the way by paramedics. The other two injured people, who were also taken to the same hospital, but their conditions were not believed to have been life threatening.
Traffic hold-ups of up to three miles were reported from the rush hour collision with people held up as they headed to Norwich.
You may also want to watch:
The injured were released from the wreckage in the accident involving a lorry, tractor and a car.
The incident happened at about 8am on the Norwich-bound dual carriageway as it goes into the single lane. The closed section of the A47 was reopened from 12.15pm.
- 1 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 2 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 6 Could you give these Shetland sheep a caring new home?
- 7 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
Emergency services, including police, air ambulance, land ambulances, and five fire crews from Norwich, Dereham and Swaffham were at the scene where the road had been closed and diversions set up through Swanton Morley.
A police spokesman said this afternoon that there were no names or details available relating to the injuries of the other two injured people.
Look out for regular up-dates on the accident and if you saw the accident or were delayed by the road closure contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org