Man, 72, on bail over stabbing
Ian Clarke A 72-year-old man has been released on bail after being questioned over an incident at an isolated rural cottage in which a 62-year-old woman was found critically injured with stab wounds.
A 72-year-old man has been released on bail after being questioned over an incident at an isolated rural cottage in which a 62-year-old woman was found critically injured with stab wounds.
The woman - believed to be his wife - was taken by air ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where she underwent surgery following Saturday morning's incident.
Police said her condition was improving in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The man was also found at the scene with a stab wound and was arrested and later released on bail while inquiries continue.
The home, at Hindolveston Road, Thurning, between Fakenham and Aylsham, was sealed off by police while they carried out investigations at the scene.
- 1 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 2 Proposal could see eight new homes built in Fakenham
- 3 'We will not be deterred' - Allotment user building group following vandals
- 4 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 5 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 6 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 7 Fundraisers come out swinging at charity golf day
- 8 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 9 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 10 'They ruined our lives': Noise complaints soar during lockdown