Man, 72, on bail over stabbing
Ian Clarke A 72-year-old man has been released on bail after being questioned over an incident at an isolated rural cottage in which a 62-year-old woman was found critically injured with stab wounds.
A 72-year-old man has been released on bail after being questioned over an incident at an isolated rural cottage in which a 62-year-old woman was found critically injured with stab wounds.
The woman - believed to be his wife - was taken by air ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where she underwent surgery following Saturday morning's incident.
Police said her condition was improving in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The man was also found at the scene with a stab wound and was arrested and later released on bail while inquiries continue.
The home, at Hindolveston Road, Thurning, between Fakenham and Aylsham, was sealed off by police while they carried out investigations at the scene.
- 1 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 2 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 3 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 6 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 7 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 8 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 9 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 10 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front