Man, 72, on bail over stabbing
Ian Clarke A 72-year-old man has been released on bail after being questioned over an incident at an isolated rural cottage in which a 62-year-old woman was found critically injured with stab wounds.
A 72-year-old man has been released on bail after being questioned over an incident at an isolated rural cottage in which a 62-year-old woman was found critically injured with stab wounds.
The woman - believed to be his wife - was taken by air ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where she underwent surgery following Saturday morning's incident.
Police said her condition was improving in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The man was also found at the scene with a stab wound and was arrested and later released on bail while inquiries continue.
The home, at Hindolveston Road, Thurning, between Fakenham and Aylsham, was sealed off by police while they carried out investigations at the scene.
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 6 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 7 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye
- 8 Why will secondary pupils still have to wear face masks after Easter?
- 9 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 10 Election 2021: Norfolk County Council candidates published