Man, 72, on bail over stabbing
Ian Clarke A 72-year-old man has been released on bail after being questioned over an incident at an isolated rural cottage in which a 62-year-old woman was found critically injured with stab wounds.
A 72-year-old man has been released on bail after being questioned over an incident at an isolated rural cottage in which a 62-year-old woman was found critically injured with stab wounds.
The woman - believed to be his wife - was taken by air ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where she underwent surgery following Saturday morning's incident.
Police said her condition was improving in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The man was also found at the scene with a stab wound and was arrested and later released on bail while inquiries continue.
The home, at Hindolveston Road, Thurning, between Fakenham and Aylsham, was sealed off by police while they carried out investigations at the scene.
- 1 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 2 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 3 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 4 Beach hut rentals soar as people flock to the seaside
- 5 Source of sound that mystified village revealed to be rocket testing
- 6 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 7 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 8 Voting open for students' Bluetooth device
- 9 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 10 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home