Man, 72, on bail over stabbing
Ian Clarke A 72-year-old man has been released on bail after being questioned over an incident at an isolated rural cottage in which a 62-year-old woman was found critically injured with stab wounds.
A 72-year-old man has been released on bail after being questioned over an incident at an isolated rural cottage in which a 62-year-old woman was found critically injured with stab wounds.
The woman - believed to be his wife - was taken by air ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where she underwent surgery following Saturday morning's incident.
Police said her condition was improving in hospital.
The man was also found at the scene with a stab wound and was arrested and later released on bail while inquiries continue.
The home, at Hindolveston Road, Thurning, between Fakenham and Aylsham, was sealed off by police while they carried out investigations at the scene.
- 1 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 2 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Award-winning Norfolk pizza restaurant launches frozen range
- 5 Fresh grants for Omicron-hit firms announced
- 6 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 7 'It's time to decarbonise construction' - MP calls for regulation
- 8 School heads reveal feeling of 'positivity' at start of term
- 9 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 10 Headteacher says 'good' Ofsted rating a testament to hard work