Man, 72, on bail over stabbing
Ian Clarke A 72-year-old man has been released on bail after being questioned over an incident at an isolated rural cottage in which a 62-year-old woman was found critically injured with stab wounds.
A 72-year-old man has been released on bail after being questioned over an incident at an isolated rural cottage in which a 62-year-old woman was found critically injured with stab wounds.
The woman - believed to be his wife - was taken by air ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital where she underwent surgery following Saturday morning's incident.
Police said her condition was improving in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The man was also found at the scene with a stab wound and was arrested and later released on bail while inquiries continue.
The home, at Hindolveston Road, Thurning, between Fakenham and Aylsham, was sealed off by police while they carried out investigations at the scene.
- 1 Business owner runs 10K in honour of Diego Maradona
- 2 'Light at the end of the tunnel' - restaurant owner's hopes after tier two announcement
- 3 Fundraiser arranged to help fund mother-of-three funeral costs
- 4 Why Chancellor’s Autumn statement was bad news for millions of pensioners
- 5 Friends of Holt Hall urge public to sign petition after consultation snub
- 6 Foodbank storage space "at breaking point" as need rises by 50%
- 7 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 8 Explained: What do the latest figures tell us about Norfolk’s likely Covid tier?
- 9 From garden shed to shop - how couple’s upcycling business has grown
- 10 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood