Man released under investigation after suspected arson attacks
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested in connection with a series of arson attacks in Fakenham has been released but remains under investigation.
The 24-year-old was arrested on Saturday following three arson attacks in the space of a week.
The third was reported at 6am on Saturday at the Fakenham Rugby Club, where a gas cylinder had been rolled across the club’s pitch and set alight, resulting in a loud bang which could be heard across the town, and damaging a dugout and floodlight.
After the arrest, Inspector Edward Brown of the Fakenham Police thanked the public for their support.
“We understand that the public were becoming concerned about these arson attacks and we advised their vigilance and to call the police should they notice anything,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It was down to the vigilance of a member of the public that we managed to track down the individual and arrest them.”
- 1 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 2 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 3 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 4 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 7 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 8 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 9 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 10 'Don't give up' - Veteran on how photography sparked PTSD fightback