Man released under investigation after suspected arson attacks
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested in connection with a series of arson attacks in Fakenham has been released but remains under investigation.
The 24-year-old was arrested on Saturday following three arson attacks in the space of a week.
The third was reported at 6am on Saturday at the Fakenham Rugby Club, where a gas cylinder had been rolled across the club’s pitch and set alight, resulting in a loud bang which could be heard across the town, and damaging a dugout and floodlight.
After the arrest, Inspector Edward Brown of the Fakenham Police thanked the public for their support.
“We understand that the public were becoming concerned about these arson attacks and we advised their vigilance and to call the police should they notice anything,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It was down to the vigilance of a member of the public that we managed to track down the individual and arrest them.”
- 1 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 2 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 3 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Town park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries