Man released under investigation after suspected arson attacks
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested in connection with a series of arson attacks in Fakenham has been released but remains under investigation.
The 24-year-old was arrested on Saturday following three arson attacks in the space of a week.
The third was reported at 6am on Saturday at the Fakenham Rugby Club, where a gas cylinder had been rolled across the club’s pitch and set alight, resulting in a loud bang which could be heard across the town, and damaging a dugout and floodlight.
After the arrest, Inspector Edward Brown of the Fakenham Police thanked the public for their support.
“We understand that the public were becoming concerned about these arson attacks and we advised their vigilance and to call the police should they notice anything,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“It was down to the vigilance of a member of the public that we managed to track down the individual and arrest them.”
- 1 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 2 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 3 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 4 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 5 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed
- 6 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 9 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 10 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere