Man rescued from blaze
Rob Garratt Firefighters rescued a man from a burning house in the early hours of this morning.The victim was removed from a home in Kitchener Road, Melton Constable, just after midnight.
Firefighters rescued a man from a burning house in the early hours of this morning.
The victim was removed from a home in Kitchener Road, Melton Constable, just after midnight by fire crews from Fakenham and Reepham. He was treated for smoke inhalation on the scene.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue received an emergency call at around 23:35pm, arriving on scene at around midnight and removing the man within minutes. Firefighteres used hose reel jets, breathing apparatus, positive pressure ventilation and thermal imaging cameras to bring the blaze under control at around 00:15am today.
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance crews attended the scene but did not convey any casualties to hospital.
- 1 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 2 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 3 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Town park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries