Man rescued from blaze
Rob Garratt Firefighters rescued a man from a burning house in the early hours of this morning.The victim was removed from a home in Kitchener Road, Melton Constable, just after midnight.
Firefighters rescued a man from a burning house in the early hours of this morning.
The victim was removed from a home in Kitchener Road, Melton Constable, just after midnight by fire crews from Fakenham and Reepham. He was treated for smoke inhalation on the scene.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue received an emergency call at around 23:35pm, arriving on scene at around midnight and removing the man within minutes. Firefighteres used hose reel jets, breathing apparatus, positive pressure ventilation and thermal imaging cameras to bring the blaze under control at around 00:15am today.
You may also want to watch:
Ambulance crews attended the scene but did not convey any casualties to hospital.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 4 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 5 Every Child Online: Funds flood in to schemes around the county
- 6 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 7 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park