Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- Credit: Supplied by Murray Smith
The son of a missing 87-year-old woman has pleaded with people to look out for her.
Margaret Smith was last seen at her home at the Lincoln House care home in Dereham Road, Swanton Morley, shortly after 9.30pm on Sunday, June 13.
Son Murray Smith, who lives in Lingwood, said he was hopeful she would be found soon.
Mr Smith, 60, said: "She has Alzheimer's and vascular dementia. She would probably be able to tell you her name but she may not be able to tell you where she lives.
"I am the kind of person whose mind races and thinks 'what if this? What if that?' It only takes one person to spot her. Social media has been helpful in getting the message out, but whether it will bear fruit is anyone's guess."
Mr Smith said his mother had lived at the care home for about 18 months, and before she had lived in Toftwood. She is a grandmother, and a former librarian at Dereham Neatherd High School.
Mr Smith said: "She is probably known to a good number of ex-pupils who live in the area."
Police described Mrs Smith as white, 5ft 4in and of slim build with short grey hair and glasses. She was last seen wearing light blue trousers, a floral blouse and a navy cardigan.
- 1 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 2 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 3 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 4 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 5 Do you remember these shocking scenes from floods of the past?
- 6 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 7 Jerome Mayhew hosting Fakenham job fair
- 8 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 9 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere
- 10 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
Residents and landowners have been asked to check their outbuildings and the grounds of their properties.
Anyone who may have seen Margaret or know of her whereabouts is asked to contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting incident number 535 of Sunday, June 13, 2021.