Woman hosts miniature donkey parade to raise spirits in village
- Credit: Karen Rust
A woman raised the spirits of her village by hosting a donkey parade.
Karen Rust from Sculthorpe owns five miniature donkeys and two miniature horses who live in a field nearby her home. On December 22, she, along with volunteers, took the donkeys on a tour of the village to help raise spirits among residents.
The 66-year-old usually brings the animals to events across Norfolk to raise funds for Norfolk hospice Tapping House, but as a result of the pandemic, has not been able to.
She brought her first donkey when she lived in Syderstone for her grandson. From there, her collection has grown.
“I love doing it, and I love seeing people’s faces light up when they see the donkeys,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“We had people waiting at the side of the road with carrots for them. I just think it is lovely, I like doing it for people and the donkeys love it.”
- 1 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 2 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 3 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 6 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 7 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 8 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
- 9 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales