Another drive-through Starbucks could be coming to Norfolk
- Credit: Morrison's
A drive-through Starbucks coffee shop creating 30 jobs has been included in a Norfolk supermarket’s plan to develop its car park.
National chain Morrisons has applied to North Norfolk District Council for permission to build on part of the car park of its store in Fakenham.
The plans are centred around a drive-through outlet of the coffee giant, which would create 15 full-time vacancies and 15 part-time.
The new building would provide a cafe for Starbucks and an additional retail unit joined on, though the occupants of this are yet to be determined.
The plans would, though, result in the car park providing space for 51 fewer spaces for shoppers to park in at the Clipbush Lane store.
You may also want to watch:
A planning statement prepared for Morrisons by town planning firm England Lyle Good says the proposals would make use of an “under-utilised” part of the car park.
It says: “The current proposals would promote the more efficient use of previously developed land within an established employment and commercial area to the north-east of Fakenham.
- 1 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 2 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 5 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 6 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 7 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 8 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 9 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 10 'Full' foodbank gets new home as demand surges
“The proposed small-scale drive through and retain units will represent complementary additions to the established range of uses within this part of town, providing local facilities for existing shoppers at Morrisons, employees of surrounding businesses, local residents and passing motorists.”
A Morrisons spokesman said: “The planning application for a new Starbucks at our Fakenham car park is part of work to add more popular and useful services to our stores.
“If approved, the Starbucks and additional unit will also create new jobs.”
As part of the development, while the overall parking will be reduced, a further three disabled spaces and an additional three parent and child spaces will be added to the car park.
If approved, the site would become the first Starbucks branch in Fakenham and the second in NNDC’s area - the first being in Aylsham.
The application will be decided by North Norfolk District Council in due course.