Another drive-through Starbucks could be coming to Norfolk
- Credit: Morrison's
A drive-through Starbucks coffee shop creating 30 jobs has been included in a Norfolk supermarket’s plan to develop its car park.
National chain Morrisons has applied to North Norfolk District Council for permission to build on part of the car park of its store in Fakenham.
The plans are centred around a drive-through outlet of the coffee giant, which would create 15 full-time vacancies and 15 part-time.
The new building would provide a cafe for Starbucks and an additional retail unit joined on, though the occupants of this are yet to be determined.
The plans would, though, result in the car park providing space for 51 fewer spaces for shoppers to park in at the Clipbush Lane store.
A planning statement prepared for Morrisons by town planning firm England Lyle Good says the proposals would make use of an “under-utilised” part of the car park.
It says: “The current proposals would promote the more efficient use of previously developed land within an established employment and commercial area to the north-east of Fakenham.
- 1 Motorcyclist in his 60s dies after crash in west Norfolk
- 2 New art gallery set to open in market town
- 3 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 4 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 5 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 6 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
- 7 Hundreds of motors park up for classic vehicle day at Norfolk gardens
- 8 The Female Fisherman 'overwhelmed' by national award win
- 9 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 10 'It feels normal again' - why it's so glorious to be back at the races
“The proposed small-scale drive through and retain units will represent complementary additions to the established range of uses within this part of town, providing local facilities for existing shoppers at Morrisons, employees of surrounding businesses, local residents and passing motorists.”
A Morrisons spokesman said: “The planning application for a new Starbucks at our Fakenham car park is part of work to add more popular and useful services to our stores.
“If approved, the Starbucks and additional unit will also create new jobs.”
As part of the development, while the overall parking will be reduced, a further three disabled spaces and an additional three parent and child spaces will be added to the car park.
If approved, the site would become the first Starbucks branch in Fakenham and the second in NNDC’s area - the first being in Aylsham.
The application will be decided by North Norfolk District Council in due course.