Mum inspired by her own experiences organises charity ball for EACH nook appeal
- Credit: Archant
A mother from Norfolk is organising a charity ball to raise vital funds for a local appeal.
Sandie Chivers, of SC Wedding and Event Planning, has organised the event to fundraise for the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) nook appeal.
The mother-of-two was inspired to help a charity since having a family.
“I have experienced the feeling of panic of my children being unwell and having to rush them back and forth to hospital,” she said.
“This has driven me further to want to raise money for a charity that supports children and their families.”
The £10m EACH nook hospice is taking shape six months after builders started work .
It has also drawn the attention of a number of high-profile people, including the Duchess of Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
The charity ball takes places on September 15 from 6pm at Piggyback Barns, Sculthorpe, near Fakenham.
Tickets are £40 per person or £400 for a table of ten and includes a three-course meal, arrival drinks, entertainment and music.
To sponsor the event email firstname.lastname@example.org or donate here .
- 1 Historic pub seeking new licence despite neighbour concerns
- 2 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 3 'We will not be deterred' - Allotment user building group following vandals
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 6 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 7 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 8 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 9 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 10 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed