Mum inspired by her own experiences organises charity ball for EACH nook appeal
- Credit: Archant
A mother from Norfolk is organising a charity ball to raise vital funds for a local appeal.
Sandie Chivers, of SC Wedding and Event Planning, has organised the event to fundraise for the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) nook appeal.
The mother-of-two was inspired to help a charity since having a family.
“I have experienced the feeling of panic of my children being unwell and having to rush them back and forth to hospital,” she said.
“This has driven me further to want to raise money for a charity that supports children and their families.”
The £10m EACH nook hospice is taking shape six months after builders started work .
It has also drawn the attention of a number of high-profile people, including the Duchess of Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
The charity ball takes places on September 15 from 6pm at Piggyback Barns, Sculthorpe, near Fakenham.
Tickets are £40 per person or £400 for a table of ten and includes a three-course meal, arrival drinks, entertainment and music.
To sponsor the event email email@example.com or donate here .
- 1 'A soft spot for it' - Owner of WaffleOpolis coming back to Fakenham
- 2 Boy, 13, praised after rescuing railway sign from river
- 3 Dragons and dinosaurs to feature at new adventure trail opening in Norfolk
- 4 It's coming home - via the third exit! Roundabouts get England makeover
- 5 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 6 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 7 Town's flower display blooms back to life
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 10 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street