Mum inspired by her own experiences organises charity ball for EACH nook appeal
- Credit: Archant
A mother from Norfolk is organising a charity ball to raise vital funds for a local appeal.
Sandie Chivers, of SC Wedding and Event Planning, has organised the event to fundraise for the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) nook appeal.
The mother-of-two was inspired to help a charity since having a family.
“I have experienced the feeling of panic of my children being unwell and having to rush them back and forth to hospital,” she said.
“This has driven me further to want to raise money for a charity that supports children and their families.”
The £10m EACH nook hospice is taking shape six months after builders started work .
It has also drawn the attention of a number of high-profile people, including the Duchess of Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
The charity ball takes places on September 15 from 6pm at Piggyback Barns, Sculthorpe, near Fakenham.
Tickets are £40 per person or £400 for a table of ten and includes a three-course meal, arrival drinks, entertainment and music.
To sponsor the event email firstname.lastname@example.org or donate here .
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 Owners of Pensthorpe pay tribute to patron Prince Philip
- 6 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 7 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 8 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 9 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 10 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye