Mum inspired by her own experiences organises charity ball for EACH nook appeal
- Credit: Archant
A mother from Norfolk is organising a charity ball to raise vital funds for a local appeal.
Sandie Chivers, of SC Wedding and Event Planning, has organised the event to fundraise for the East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) nook appeal.
The mother-of-two was inspired to help a charity since having a family.
“I have experienced the feeling of panic of my children being unwell and having to rush them back and forth to hospital,” she said.
“This has driven me further to want to raise money for a charity that supports children and their families.”
The £10m EACH nook hospice is taking shape six months after builders started work .
It has also drawn the attention of a number of high-profile people, including the Duchess of Cambridge.
You may also want to watch:
The charity ball takes places on September 15 from 6pm at Piggyback Barns, Sculthorpe, near Fakenham.
Tickets are £40 per person or £400 for a table of ten and includes a three-course meal, arrival drinks, entertainment and music.
To sponsor the event email firstname.lastname@example.org or donate here .
- 1 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 2 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 3 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 4 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 7 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 8 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 9 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 10 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers