New coastal cycle hire centre
A new cycle hire centre is to be introduced to give visitors another way to explore one of Norfolk's most scenic country estates.The Holkham Estate, near Wells, will launch the venture in spring and run it jointly with Huff & Puff Cycles.
A new cycle hire centre is to be introduced to give visitors another way to explore one of Norfolk's most scenic country estates.
The Holkham Estate, near Wells, will launch the venture in spring and run it jointly with Huff & Puff Cycles.
Both partners said it could provide an ideal base for cyclists to explore the stately surroundings of Holkham Hall - and the wider pleasures of the north Norfolk coast.
Sam Weller, who runs the cycle firm with business partner Ian Bunting, said: “It is not just the traffic-calmed routes within the estate's grounds that make for perfect cycling - the entire area has much to offer. There is a truly rich choice of quiet lanes and approved cycle tracks throughout the local area.”
You may also want to watch:
Holkham's estates director David Horton-Fawkes said: “It is part of our drive to offer visitors more choice and cycling is the perfect way to explore the trails through the deer park which surrounds Holkham Hall.”
The new hire centre will open daily from April 1 to October 31 and operate from the inner courtyard at Holkham Hall, next to the cafe, gift shop and Bygones museum.
- 1 'Exceptional' - Fakenham jewellers thank town for warm welcome
- 2 Your favourite pub, café, restaurant and hotel in Norfolk revealed
- 3 First baby lobsters from Wells hatchery returned to the sea
- 4 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed
- 5 Hundreds of noisy neighbour complaints in North Norfolk during pandemic
- 6 Your say - Your favourite landmark in North Norfolk
- 7 Your say - Fakenham's thoughts on 'firebreak' lockdown
- 8 Open for business - new cancer centre accepts first patient
- 9 Fakenham Beer and Gin Festival finally set to return
- 10 Memorial match remembers former headmaster and rugby player