New coastal cycle hire centre
A new cycle hire centre is to be introduced to give visitors another way to explore one of Norfolk's most scenic country estates.The Holkham Estate, near Wells, will launch the venture in spring and run it jointly with Huff & Puff Cycles.
A new cycle hire centre is to be introduced to give visitors another way to explore one of Norfolk's most scenic country estates.
The Holkham Estate, near Wells, will launch the venture in spring and run it jointly with Huff & Puff Cycles.
Both partners said it could provide an ideal base for cyclists to explore the stately surroundings of Holkham Hall - and the wider pleasures of the north Norfolk coast.
Sam Weller, who runs the cycle firm with business partner Ian Bunting, said: “It is not just the traffic-calmed routes within the estate's grounds that make for perfect cycling - the entire area has much to offer. There is a truly rich choice of quiet lanes and approved cycle tracks throughout the local area.”
Holkham's estates director David Horton-Fawkes said: “It is part of our drive to offer visitors more choice and cycling is the perfect way to explore the trails through the deer park which surrounds Holkham Hall.”
The new hire centre will open daily from April 1 to October 31 and operate from the inner courtyard at Holkham Hall, next to the cafe, gift shop and Bygones museum.
- 1 New special school opens doors to first students
- 2 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 3 Fakenham firms keen to protect customers as rate of inflation soars
- 4 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 5 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Pair of primary schools join Diocese of Norwich trust
- 7 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 8 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 9 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk