New homes on tourist car park spark objections
- Credit: Archant
Glassmaker Langham Glass has applied to build houses over a parking area, but is facing objections from neighbours.
The gravel covered land on Greenway Lane, Fakenham, is currently signposted as a coach park. If the planning application to North Norfolk District Council were granted, it would be turned into three new homes.
Neighbours object to the proposals, saying this would take away necessary parking: "During weekends and the Christmas period, there are often at least three buses there and quite a lot of cars."
"There are already several completed building projects in the town where properties are failing to sell. Soon, we will not be able to provide enough services to residents."
Langham Glass applied to build houses on the site in 2018, but the application was denied for being for being too densely packed, not having the required car parking, and for needing the removal of a mature oak tree.
You may also want to watch:
A representative of Langham Glass did not comment on the objections.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 9 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 10 Council leader accused of operating 'small cabal'