New homes on tourist car park spark objections
- Credit: Archant
Glassmaker Langham Glass has applied to build houses over a parking area, but is facing objections from neighbours.
The gravel covered land on Greenway Lane, Fakenham, is currently signposted as a coach park. If the planning application to North Norfolk District Council were granted, it would be turned into three new homes.
Neighbours object to the proposals, saying this would take away necessary parking: "During weekends and the Christmas period, there are often at least three buses there and quite a lot of cars."
"There are already several completed building projects in the town where properties are failing to sell. Soon, we will not be able to provide enough services to residents."
Langham Glass applied to build houses on the site in 2018, but the application was denied for being for being too densely packed, not having the required car parking, and for needing the removal of a mature oak tree.
You may also want to watch:
A representative of Langham Glass did not comment on the objections.
- 1 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 2 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 3 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 4 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 5 Plans for Fakenham remembrance services announced
- 6 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 7 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod