New homes on tourist car park spark objections
- Credit: Archant
Glassmaker Langham Glass has applied to build houses over a parking area, but is facing objections from neighbours.
The gravel covered land on Greenway Lane, Fakenham, is currently signposted as a coach park. If the planning application to North Norfolk District Council were granted, it would be turned into three new homes.
Neighbours object to the proposals, saying this would take away necessary parking: "During weekends and the Christmas period, there are often at least three buses there and quite a lot of cars."
"There are already several completed building projects in the town where properties are failing to sell. Soon, we will not be able to provide enough services to residents."
Langham Glass applied to build houses on the site in 2018, but the application was denied for being for being too densely packed, not having the required car parking, and for needing the removal of a mature oak tree.
You may also want to watch:
A representative of Langham Glass did not comment on the objections.
- 1 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 2 Fakenham park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 3 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 History made as heritage railway gets ready to reopen
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries