New homes on tourist car park spark objections
- Credit: Archant
Glassmaker Langham Glass has applied to build houses over a parking area, but is facing objections from neighbours.
The gravel covered land on Greenway Lane, Fakenham, is currently signposted as a coach park. If the planning application to North Norfolk District Council were granted, it would be turned into three new homes.
Neighbours object to the proposals, saying this would take away necessary parking: "During weekends and the Christmas period, there are often at least three buses there and quite a lot of cars."
"There are already several completed building projects in the town where properties are failing to sell. Soon, we will not be able to provide enough services to residents."
Langham Glass applied to build houses on the site in 2018, but the application was denied for being for being too densely packed, not having the required car parking, and for needing the removal of a mature oak tree.
You may also want to watch:
A representative of Langham Glass did not comment on the objections.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 6 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 7 'We are here for the children' - Headteacher backs EDP's laptop campaign
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park