New men’s shed looking to find a home
- Credit: Archant
A group behind a new men’s shed in Fakenham is looking for suitable premises.
Francis Coxeter, chairman of the group, said: “The men’s shed movement originated in Australia and was set up to provide a place where people can meet and share skills such as woodwork, metalwork, electronics, etc – as well as enjoying some companionship.
“We are trying to set one up in the Fakenham area, and we are on the search for suitable premises.
“A number of people are interested in becoming members and getting down to some work. It would be great if we had somewhere to call home, be it ever so humble, as the saying goes.”
The group currently meets on a fortnightly basis, alternate Mondays at 10am, at the The Gallow by Fakenham Racecourse – however it’s just a meeting place and not a workshop.
You may also want to watch:
if you can help, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 2 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 3 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 4 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 5 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 6 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 7 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 8 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 9 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 10 'Don't give up' - Veteran on how photography sparked PTSD fightback