New men’s shed looking to find a home
- Credit: Archant
A group behind a new men’s shed in Fakenham is looking for suitable premises.
Francis Coxeter, chairman of the group, said: “The men’s shed movement originated in Australia and was set up to provide a place where people can meet and share skills such as woodwork, metalwork, electronics, etc – as well as enjoying some companionship.
“We are trying to set one up in the Fakenham area, and we are on the search for suitable premises.
“A number of people are interested in becoming members and getting down to some work. It would be great if we had somewhere to call home, be it ever so humble, as the saying goes.”
The group currently meets on a fortnightly basis, alternate Mondays at 10am, at the The Gallow by Fakenham Racecourse – however it’s just a meeting place and not a workshop.
You may also want to watch:
if you can help, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 2 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 3 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 4 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 5 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed
- 6 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 9 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 10 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere