New men’s shed looking to find a home
- Credit: Archant
A group behind a new men’s shed in Fakenham is looking for suitable premises.
Francis Coxeter, chairman of the group, said: “The men’s shed movement originated in Australia and was set up to provide a place where people can meet and share skills such as woodwork, metalwork, electronics, etc – as well as enjoying some companionship.
“We are trying to set one up in the Fakenham area, and we are on the search for suitable premises.
“A number of people are interested in becoming members and getting down to some work. It would be great if we had somewhere to call home, be it ever so humble, as the saying goes.”
The group currently meets on a fortnightly basis, alternate Mondays at 10am, at the The Gallow by Fakenham Racecourse – however it’s just a meeting place and not a workshop.
You may also want to watch:
if you can help, email email@example.com
- 1 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 2 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 3 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Town park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 Norfolk's Covid rate still low despite slight rises in some areas
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries