New men’s shed looking to find a home
- Credit: Archant
A group behind a new men’s shed in Fakenham is looking for suitable premises.
Francis Coxeter, chairman of the group, said: “The men’s shed movement originated in Australia and was set up to provide a place where people can meet and share skills such as woodwork, metalwork, electronics, etc – as well as enjoying some companionship.
“We are trying to set one up in the Fakenham area, and we are on the search for suitable premises.
“A number of people are interested in becoming members and getting down to some work. It would be great if we had somewhere to call home, be it ever so humble, as the saying goes.”
The group currently meets on a fortnightly basis, alternate Mondays at 10am, at the The Gallow by Fakenham Racecourse – however it’s just a meeting place and not a workshop.
You may also want to watch:
if you can help, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 6 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 9 'He shouldn't be getting abuse' - Fakenham pubs react to landlord's vax stance
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk