New town bench divides opinion
- Credit: Emma Lawson
A new bench installed in Fakenham has been unveiled.
Fakenham Town Council revealed the new bench outside the town’s library on Oak Street, with plenty of people having their say on it.
The new bench is part of the plans to upgrade the library triangle and is being funded by the market towns initiative grant from North Norfolk District Council.
Councillor George Acheson said he was delighted that after a long delay the branch was finally in place, saying the “individual personalised design of these pieces is a credit to councillor, Tim Duffy”.
"It is a modern design, that is meant to be attractive a comfortable."
You may also want to watch:
The bench is unique to the town, and is covered in the town council's crest.
However, when a picture was posted to the town’s community board, plenty of people shared their thoughts.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Campsite team's shock as couple turn up in campervan
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
One person said, “I’m not sure what it’s supposed to be? If it’s seating, not the best I’ve seen.”