New owners for backpackers' hostel
A backpackers hostel and campsite in north Norfolk is to change ownership.Louise Smith and Andrea Bramhall will take over the running of Deepdale Backpackers and Camping from father and son partnership, Alister and Jason Borthwick next month.
A backpackers' hostel and campsite in north Norfolk is to change ownership.
Louise Smith and Andrea Bramhall will take over the running of Deepdale Backpackers and Camping from father and son partnership, Alister and Jason Borthwick this month.
Last year the site at Burnham Deepdale accommodated 31,000 "bed nights".
"The new energy and ideas that Louise and Andrea bring to Deepdale will be great for the business. We had incredible inter-est from potential tenants, over 150 inquiries, and Louise and Andrea fought off stiff competition," said Alister Borthwick.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Smith and Ms Bramhall intend to operate the business along similar lines to the Borthwicks - but plan to add writers' workshops, singles walking and biking weeks, artists and photographers weeks and other winter activities.
Jason Borthwick will now look for "the next opportunity" for investment.
- 1 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 2 Fakenham manager calls on town to support team from afar in FA Vase clash
- 3 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 4 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 5 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 6 Fakenham announce how fans can watch FA vase match
- 7 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Retiring judge lifts lid on career and says Norwich 'best' resident job
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'