New owners for backpackers' hostel
A backpackers hostel and campsite in north Norfolk is to change ownership.Louise Smith and Andrea Bramhall will take over the running of Deepdale Backpackers and Camping from father and son partnership, Alister and Jason Borthwick next month.
A backpackers' hostel and campsite in north Norfolk is to change ownership.
Louise Smith and Andrea Bramhall will take over the running of Deepdale Backpackers and Camping from father and son partnership, Alister and Jason Borthwick this month.
Last year the site at Burnham Deepdale accommodated 31,000 "bed nights".
"The new energy and ideas that Louise and Andrea bring to Deepdale will be great for the business. We had incredible inter-est from potential tenants, over 150 inquiries, and Louise and Andrea fought off stiff competition," said Alister Borthwick.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Smith and Ms Bramhall intend to operate the business along similar lines to the Borthwicks - but plan to add writers' workshops, singles walking and biking weeks, artists and photographers weeks and other winter activities.
Jason Borthwick will now look for "the next opportunity" for investment.
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 3 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 4 Vaccine volunteers thank businesses for 'undiluted' support
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 9 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 10 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn