New owners for backpackers' hostel
A backpackers hostel and campsite in north Norfolk is to change ownership.Louise Smith and Andrea Bramhall will take over the running of Deepdale Backpackers and Camping from father and son partnership, Alister and Jason Borthwick next month.
A backpackers' hostel and campsite in north Norfolk is to change ownership.
Louise Smith and Andrea Bramhall will take over the running of Deepdale Backpackers and Camping from father and son partnership, Alister and Jason Borthwick this month.
Last year the site at Burnham Deepdale accommodated 31,000 "bed nights".
"The new energy and ideas that Louise and Andrea bring to Deepdale will be great for the business. We had incredible inter-est from potential tenants, over 150 inquiries, and Louise and Andrea fought off stiff competition," said Alister Borthwick.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Smith and Ms Bramhall intend to operate the business along similar lines to the Borthwicks - but plan to add writers' workshops, singles walking and biking weeks, artists and photographers weeks and other winter activities.
Jason Borthwick will now look for "the next opportunity" for investment.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 5 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 6 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 7 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines