New owners for backpackers' hostel
A backpackers hostel and campsite in north Norfolk is to change ownership.Louise Smith and Andrea Bramhall will take over the running of Deepdale Backpackers and Camping from father and son partnership, Alister and Jason Borthwick next month.
A backpackers' hostel and campsite in north Norfolk is to change ownership.
Louise Smith and Andrea Bramhall will take over the running of Deepdale Backpackers and Camping from father and son partnership, Alister and Jason Borthwick this month.
Last year the site at Burnham Deepdale accommodated 31,000 "bed nights".
"The new energy and ideas that Louise and Andrea bring to Deepdale will be great for the business. We had incredible inter-est from potential tenants, over 150 inquiries, and Louise and Andrea fought off stiff competition," said Alister Borthwick.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Smith and Ms Bramhall intend to operate the business along similar lines to the Borthwicks - but plan to add writers' workshops, singles walking and biking weeks, artists and photographers weeks and other winter activities.
Jason Borthwick will now look for "the next opportunity" for investment.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages