Next of kin traced after body discovery
Police say they have found the next of kin of an elderly woman whose body was found in Fakenham.The body, which officers believe could have lain undiscovered for more than a year, was found at her home in Tunn Street on Thursday after an anonymous call.
Police say they have found the next of kin of an elderly woman whose body was found in Fakenham.
The body, which officers believe could have lain undiscovered for more than a year, was found at her home in Tunn Street on Thursday after an anonymous call.
Her death is not being treated as suspicious and police said last night that they were still keen for the anonymous caller to get in touch again.
Det Insp Paul Chapman said police had identified and informed the woman's next of kin and a post mortem should take place this week.
He said her name would not be released until she could be formally identified and this would be done through dental records.
As previously reported, neighbours said the house's occupant was rarely seen and shunned human contact, giving no clues she lived permanently at the address or that anything had happened to her.
- 1 Nurse relives crash drama as calls for road to be gritted grow
- 2 Main road through seaside town to close for five weeks
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Fakenham firms keen to protect customers as rate of inflation soars
- 5 New special school opens doors to first students
- 6 Obituary: Farm merchant who helped save revered brewing barley dies aged 81
- 7 The Floods of 1953 in Norfolk: Remembering the heroes who helped
- 8 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 9 Canoeist Shaun chasing Paralympic dream after devastating bike crash
- 10 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk police on 0845 456 4567.