Next of kin traced after body discovery
Police say they have found the next of kin of an elderly woman whose body was found in Fakenham.The body, which officers believe could have lain undiscovered for more than a year, was found at her home in Tunn Street on Thursday after an anonymous call.
Police say they have found the next of kin of an elderly woman whose body was found in Fakenham.
The body, which officers believe could have lain undiscovered for more than a year, was found at her home in Tunn Street on Thursday after an anonymous call.
Her death is not being treated as suspicious and police said last night that they were still keen for the anonymous caller to get in touch again.
Det Insp Paul Chapman said police had identified and informed the woman's next of kin and a post mortem should take place this week.
You may also want to watch:
He said her name would not be released until she could be formally identified and this would be done through dental records.
As previously reported, neighbours said the house's occupant was rarely seen and shunned human contact, giving no clues she lived permanently at the address or that anything had happened to her.
- 1 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 2 Fakenham manager calls on town to support team from afar in FA Vase clash
- 3 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 4 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 5 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 6 Fakenham announce how fans can watch FA vase match
- 7 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 8 County council election 2021: Who is standing in north Norfolk?
- 9 Retiring judge lifts lid on career and says Norwich 'best' resident job
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk police on 0845 456 4567.