Next of kin traced after body discovery
Police say they have found the next of kin of an elderly woman whose body was found in Fakenham.The body, which officers believe could have lain undiscovered for more than a year, was found at her home in Tunn Street on Thursday after an anonymous call.
Police say they have found the next of kin of an elderly woman whose body was found in Fakenham.
The body, which officers believe could have lain undiscovered for more than a year, was found at her home in Tunn Street on Thursday after an anonymous call.
Her death is not being treated as suspicious and police said last night that they were still keen for the anonymous caller to get in touch again.
Det Insp Paul Chapman said police had identified and informed the woman's next of kin and a post mortem should take place this week.
You may also want to watch:
He said her name would not be released until she could be formally identified and this would be done through dental records.
As previously reported, neighbours said the house's occupant was rarely seen and shunned human contact, giving no clues she lived permanently at the address or that anything had happened to her.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 5 Shepherdess shocked as lamb fetches £1,752 at charity auction
- 6 Care home launches project to make residents dreams come true
- 7 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk police on 0845 456 4567.