Next of kin traced after body discovery
Police say they have found the next of kin of an elderly woman whose body was found in Fakenham.The body, which officers believe could have lain undiscovered for more than a year, was found at her home in Tunn Street on Thursday after an anonymous call.
Police say they have found the next of kin of an elderly woman whose body was found in Fakenham.
The body, which officers believe could have lain undiscovered for more than a year, was found at her home in Tunn Street on Thursday after an anonymous call.
Her death is not being treated as suspicious and police said last night that they were still keen for the anonymous caller to get in touch again.
Det Insp Paul Chapman said police had identified and informed the woman's next of kin and a post mortem should take place this week.
You may also want to watch:
He said her name would not be released until she could be formally identified and this would be done through dental records.
As previously reported, neighbours said the house's occupant was rarely seen and shunned human contact, giving no clues she lived permanently at the address or that anything had happened to her.
- 1 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 2 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 3 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 4 Popular former mechanic and town councillor dies aged 88
- 5 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 6 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 7 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 8 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 9 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 10 Mum pays tribute to 'everyone's sunshine' Kaiden, eight
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk police on 0845 456 4567.