Town could have to wait up to ‘10 weeks’ for electric vehicle charging point
- Credit: Archant
An electric vehicle charging point (EVCPs) installation is still months away for one town.
North Norfolk district council announced plans for the charging points in its car parks to help with the expected rise in demand for electric vehicles.
Points where due to be installed at Sheringham, Cromer, Holt, Fakenham, Wells and North Walsham.
Due to a number of factors including contractor availability, bad weather and COVID, points are not being delivered.
While spaces in Sheringham, Holt and Cromer are live, Fakenham’s point could still be up to 10 weeks away.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the council said: “While frustrating, we remain dedicated to rolling out charging points across the district.
“We are working with the UK Power Network to get the correct power supply installed in our Fakenham car park and hope these spaces will be live within the next 10 weeks.”
- 1 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 2 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 3 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 4 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 5 'I love the pine woods at Wells': Q&A with skipper Liam Pink
- 6 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 7 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 10 Former Arsenal goalkeeper and Norfolk estate manager dies