'Travel bible' names Norfolk beaches in list of UK's best
- Credit: Archant
A travel bible has named a number of Norfolk's beaches in its list of the UK's best.
Travel magazine, Conde Nast Traveller, named Holkham, Hunstanton, Brancaster, Cromer and Sheringham on its list of the 44 best beaches in the UK.
The guide described Holkham beach as "lunar-like" and praised its "four miles of golden sands backed by pine woods and huge sand dunes".
Hunstanton was praised for having "all the best bits of a quintessential British seaside resort", while it described Brancaster as one of the most dog friendly beaches in the UK.
It said Cromer was the place to go for a "truly British beach holiday", while it was seduced by Sheringham's "romantic" appeal.
You may also want to watch:
Beaches just a stones throw away in Suffolk included on the list were Walberswick, Dunwich, Southwold and Aldeburgh.
The magazine urged people to travel responsibly being "mindful of social-distancing guidelines as well as the fragility of the beautiful local environment you are visiting".
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 4 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 7 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 Hairdressers excited to reopen salon and welcome back clients