Norfolk chefs tell all in new book
- Credit: IAN BURT
Who knew that Richard Golding, chef-patron of the Market Bistro in King's Lynn would have loved to be a fighter pilot - or thatNik Hare, head chef at the Victoria Inn, Holkham, is a motorbike fanatic?
Given a bit of time off, Matthew Owsley-Brown at Tipi in the Paddock will shoot up to the Lake District in his VW campervan, Eric Snaith at Titchwell Manor might nip over to Spain to enjoy San Sebastian's famed restaurants, while Vanessa Scott at Strattons Hotel will stride out along the Peddars Way with her husband and three dogs.
A new cookbook delves into the lives of 20 Norfolk's chefs as well as featuring their favourite recipes and championing Norfolk produce from field to fork.
Written by East Anglian food writers Tessa Allingham and Glyn Williams's Norfolk Table: One County, Twenty Chefs explores the relationship between chefs and suppliers and celebrates the region's food and farming heritage.
'Norfolk stands unique, blessed by a certain 'terroir', making it a gem of a region for curious chefs and interested customers to discover,' said David Adlard, the Michelin-starred chef who has written the foreword.
You may also want to watch:
'Just look at the number of wonderful, thriving restaurants throughout the county, many of them featured in this book.'
Co-author Tessa Allingham said: 'Writing Norfolk Table has taken us on a thrilling foodie journey. We have encountered extraordinary
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 From hobby to business: Student sees house plant business grow
- 3 Road blocked following accident
- 4 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 5 Meet the great-grandmother who has raised more than £100,000 for her church
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 From wartime heritage to modern dentistry: MP's summer in Norfolk
- 8 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 9 Proposal could see eight new homes built in Fakenham
- 10 Your say: Would you like to see face masks made mandatory again?
talent, passion and commitment, and are hugely grateful to our 20 chefs and producers for opening their kitchen doors and farm gates to us.'
The book is on sale at the 20 profiled restaurants and retailers across the county, priced £19.95.