Norfolk choir invites people to ‘come and sing’ for charity
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A north Norfolk choir is hoping people will lend their voices as they host a charity day.
Fakenham Choral Society (FCS) is hosting a 'Come and Sing day' on February 15 to raise money for themselves and Admiral Nurses, who support patients with dementia and their families.
FCS said: "We have chosen this charity as the choir has had experience in recent years of some members suffering from this devastating disease and know that music plays such an important part in aiding the memory."
The event will take place at Fakenham Academy, with a morning and afternoon workshops for singers of all ages and ability to come along and have fun singing and learning. Ending with a short performance from the choir which anyone can join in.
Money will be raised through singers' and audience donations and a raffle on the day.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the day and registration forms go to www.fakenhamchoralsociety.org or contact them on 01328 851776 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Sisters reopen popular riverside pub
- 2 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 3 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 4 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 5 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 6 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 7 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 8 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 9 Parents of inspirational boy raise close to £3k as they brave the shave
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears