Norfolk choir invites people to ‘come and sing’ for charity
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A north Norfolk choir is hoping people will lend their voices as they host a charity day.
Fakenham Choral Society (FCS) is hosting a 'Come and Sing day' on February 15 to raise money for themselves and Admiral Nurses, who support patients with dementia and their families.
FCS said: "We have chosen this charity as the choir has had experience in recent years of some members suffering from this devastating disease and know that music plays such an important part in aiding the memory."
The event will take place at Fakenham Academy, with a morning and afternoon workshops for singers of all ages and ability to come along and have fun singing and learning. Ending with a short performance from the choir which anyone can join in.
Money will be raised through singers' and audience donations and a raffle on the day.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the day and registration forms go to www.fakenhamchoralsociety.org or contact them on 01328 851776 or email at email@example.com.
- 1 Town faces more disruption after resurfacing fails
- 2 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 3 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 4 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van
- 5 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 6 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 7 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Covid rates continue to slow but national deaths pass 100,000
- 10 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout