Norfolk choir invites people to ‘come and sing’ for charity
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A north Norfolk choir is hoping people will lend their voices as they host a charity day.
Fakenham Choral Society (FCS) is hosting a 'Come and Sing day' on February 15 to raise money for themselves and Admiral Nurses, who support patients with dementia and their families.
FCS said: "We have chosen this charity as the choir has had experience in recent years of some members suffering from this devastating disease and know that music plays such an important part in aiding the memory."
The event will take place at Fakenham Academy, with a morning and afternoon workshops for singers of all ages and ability to come along and have fun singing and learning. Ending with a short performance from the choir which anyone can join in.
Money will be raised through singers' and audience donations and a raffle on the day.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the day and registration forms go to www.fakenhamchoralsociety.org or contact them on 01328 851776 or email at email@example.com.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 3 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 4 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 5 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 6 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 7 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 8 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 9 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 10 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk