Subway branch could reopen next month as new franchisee takes over
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk franchise of a fast food brand is still closed as plans to sell to a new owner progress - but it could reopen next month.
Subway in Fakenham’s Millers Walk has been closed since March due to the pandemic.
As restrictions lifted in July for restaurants across the country, the sandwich shop remained closed.
It had led to uncertainty around the chain’s future in the market town, but it said the decision to keep the branch closed was to allow for the sale of the shop to a new franchise owner.
A Subway spokesperson said: “We can confirm that the Subway Store at 2 Millers Walk, Fakenham, is currently closed.
You may also want to watch:
“The store is in the process of being sold to a new franchise owner and is expected to re-open in October once the process is complete.”
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 10 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book