Subway branch could reopen next month as new franchisee takes over
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk franchise of a fast food brand is still closed as plans to sell to a new owner progress - but it could reopen next month.
Subway in Fakenham’s Millers Walk has been closed since March due to the pandemic.
As restrictions lifted in July for restaurants across the country, the sandwich shop remained closed.
It had led to uncertainty around the chain’s future in the market town, but it said the decision to keep the branch closed was to allow for the sale of the shop to a new franchise owner.
A Subway spokesperson said: “We can confirm that the Subway Store at 2 Millers Walk, Fakenham, is currently closed.
You may also want to watch:
“The store is in the process of being sold to a new franchise owner and is expected to re-open in October once the process is complete.”
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 5 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 6 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Roofer warns against 'Good Samaritan' scammers
- 9 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid
- 10 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV