Subway branch could reopen next month as new franchisee takes over
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk franchise of a fast food brand is still closed as plans to sell to a new owner progress - but it could reopen next month.
Subway in Fakenham’s Millers Walk has been closed since March due to the pandemic.
As restrictions lifted in July for restaurants across the country, the sandwich shop remained closed.
It had led to uncertainty around the chain’s future in the market town, but it said the decision to keep the branch closed was to allow for the sale of the shop to a new franchise owner.
A Subway spokesperson said: “We can confirm that the Subway Store at 2 Millers Walk, Fakenham, is currently closed.
You may also want to watch:
“The store is in the process of being sold to a new franchise owner and is expected to re-open in October once the process is complete.”
- 1 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 8 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 9 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 10 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod