Subway branch could reopen next month as new franchisee takes over
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk franchise of a fast food brand is still closed as plans to sell to a new owner progress - but it could reopen next month.
Subway in Fakenham’s Millers Walk has been closed since March due to the pandemic.
As restrictions lifted in July for restaurants across the country, the sandwich shop remained closed.
It had led to uncertainty around the chain’s future in the market town, but it said the decision to keep the branch closed was to allow for the sale of the shop to a new franchise owner.
A Subway spokesperson said: “We can confirm that the Subway Store at 2 Millers Walk, Fakenham, is currently closed.
You may also want to watch:
“The store is in the process of being sold to a new franchise owner and is expected to re-open in October once the process is complete.”
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 4 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 5 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'