How Norfolk's football fans are partying ahead of Euro 2020 Final
- Credit: IAN ODGERS
Hundreds of football fanatics have travelled from Norfolk down to the big smoke in preparation for tonight’s game.
One group boarded the train early this morning and started the celebrations early.
Gavin Caney, David Goodman, Joel Wille, Phil Goodman, Steve Girdlestone, and Andy Prior, all from West Norfolk, also attended a previous match.
Mr Caney said: “We all went to the game against Denmark but today feels different. We’re more excited than nervous. It feels like a moment in time.
“We got off the train at King’s Cross to be greeted by hundreds of people singing. The reality hasn’t sunk in that England is in a major final - and that we’re going.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re just getting some valuable drinks in to stay calm before the storm at Wembley Way from about 5pm.
“It’s emotional already and I expect it’ll only get even more teary later.”
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 3 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 4 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 5 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 6 A real quacker! Town comes together for popular riverside day
- 7 Fakenham shop to host Macmillan Coffee Morning
- 8 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments
- 9 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 10 Investigation into rape at disused rail track closed
Ian Mitton, of Norfolk, said there were tens of thousands of fans currently at Wembley Way, outside the stadium.
"Many have been here since 9am," he said, "and many have arrived without tickets just so they can say that they have been here on this momentous day.
"There's a crazy positive vibe here and everyone is singing and drinking.
"You can't even begin to imagine the atmosphere."
Mr Mitton added that he hoped the mood would stay positive long after the match.
And closer to home, residents and staff from Woodspring House care home in Fakenham have been celebrating in style by dressing up for the day, waving flags, and having a sing-song to traditional footy tunes.
And in The Railway Tavern, Dereham, fans are having a blast in the run-up to the match.
- If you are a Norfolk fan attending today's match in Wembley, then we would love to hear from you! Send your photos and videos, with your name, age, and address, with a few words about the atmosphere to reporter email@example.com or via @edp24 or @donnaloubishop on Twitter or Facebook.