Group granted licence for covid secure musical
- Credit: Archant
Despite restrictions across the country, it seems like the show will go on in one market town.
Fakenham Amateur Dramatic and Light Operatic Society are currently rehearsing for a ‘Covid-secure’ presentation of Chicago this December.
To enable social distancing and to ensure the event is safe, audience members must wear face coverings and will be seated in classic cabaret club table format.
Tables can only seat four, five or six people.
Following the incredible success of last year’s award-winning production of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, the group were granted a licence to hold the performance of the musical set in the roaring 1920s.
You may also want to watch:
The show will take place at the Fakenham community centre every night from December 8 to 12.
Tables can be booked at the FADLOS Box Office, which is open from November 16 on Monday and Wednesday evenings at the community centre between 7.30-8.30pm.
- 1 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 2 'Everything has to end' - Jeweller to retire after 16 years on high street
- 3 'In my dreams forever' - Brothers-in-law open street food takeaway
- 4 A peek inside 10 Wells-next-the-Sea beach huts
- 5 'I love the pine woods at Wells': Q&A with skipper Liam Pink
- 6 Decade old Fakenham salon could be turned into home
- 7 BBC Springwatch to return to Norfolk beauty spot
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 'Heartbroken' - Shock after village play area ‘trashed’ by graffiti vandals
- 10 Former Arsenal goalkeeper and Norfolk estate manager dies