Norfolk mum and daughter reach BBC ‘Pointless’ final
- Credit: Archant
A mother and daughter finally got a chance to flex their ‘pointless’ knowledge as they took part in a popular game show.
Pauline Codman from Fakenham along with her daughter, Katrina McDuff recently appeared on the long-running BBC show Pointless.
The pair had to wait a year for their episode to go on air and for friends and family to see them compete with other couples for the Pointless trophy and the jackpot.
The pair went all the way to the final.
Pauline and Katrina chose the category ‘Women’s Sport in 2019‘ in the final, selecting the women’s England World Cup football squad with Katrina’s footballing knowledge.
You may also want to watch:
They gave three answers but sadly missed out on the £2,750 jackpot by one agonising point.
Pauline said: “We had a wonderful day.
- 1 Chocolate factory gets coronavirus cases down to two following outbreak
- 2 Medal of US airman who saved 18 lives in 1953 floods returns to Norfolk
- 3 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 4 Covid led to huge fall in Norfolk parking fines and £1.3m budget hole
- 5 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 6 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Every Child Online: Funds flood in to schemes around the county
- 10 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
“It would have been amazing to have won the jackpot, but we were so happy to have won the trophy, along with our memories of doing this as mum and daughter.”