Norfolk mum and daughter reach BBC ‘Pointless’ final
- Credit: Archant
A mother and daughter finally got a chance to flex their ‘pointless’ knowledge as they took part in a popular game show.
Pauline Codman from Fakenham along with her daughter, Katrina McDuff recently appeared on the long-running BBC show Pointless.
The pair had to wait a year for their episode to go on air and for friends and family to see them compete with other couples for the Pointless trophy and the jackpot.
The pair went all the way to the final.
Pauline and Katrina chose the category ‘Women’s Sport in 2019‘ in the final, selecting the women’s England World Cup football squad with Katrina’s footballing knowledge.
You may also want to watch:
They gave three answers but sadly missed out on the £2,750 jackpot by one agonising point.
Pauline said: “We had a wonderful day.
- 1 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 2 Former army officer resigns as councillor for 'personal reasons'
- 3 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 4 Unique Norfolk tower wins national architecture award
- 5 Mum pays tribute to 'everyone's sunshine' Kaiden, eight
- 6 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 7 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 8 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 9 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 10 Popular former mechanic and town councillor dies aged 88
“It would have been amazing to have won the jackpot, but we were so happy to have won the trophy, along with our memories of doing this as mum and daughter.”