Estate to close tomorrow amid high wind warning
- Credit: Martin Ive
A popular north Norfolk estate plans to close its grounds tomorrow due to a high wind warning from the Met Office.
Holkham Estate said it would close Holkham Park and Lady Anne’s Drive including The Lookout on Wednesday, March 13, but that the Beach Road car park and Wells Beach Cafe would remain open.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for wind tomorrow, with strong northwesterly winds expected and possible transport disruption.
The service said some short term loss of power and other services was possible. It is likely that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities will be affected by spray and large waves.
Winds overnight and tomorrow are expected to be in excess of 30-40mph, with gusts at more than 55mph.
You may also want to watch:
There is about a 30pc chance it will rain tomorrow morning in north Norfolk, easing off throughout the day.
- 1 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 4 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 5 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 6 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 7 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 8 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 9 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 10 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist