Estate to close tomorrow amid high wind warning
- Credit: Martin Ive
A popular north Norfolk estate plans to close its grounds tomorrow due to a high wind warning from the Met Office.
Holkham Estate said it would close Holkham Park and Lady Anne’s Drive including The Lookout on Wednesday, March 13, but that the Beach Road car park and Wells Beach Cafe would remain open.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for wind tomorrow, with strong northwesterly winds expected and possible transport disruption.
The service said some short term loss of power and other services was possible. It is likely that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities will be affected by spray and large waves.
Winds overnight and tomorrow are expected to be in excess of 30-40mph, with gusts at more than 55mph.
You may also want to watch:
There is about a 30pc chance it will rain tomorrow morning in north Norfolk, easing off throughout the day.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 5 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 6 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 10 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV