Estate to close tomorrow amid high wind warning
- Credit: Martin Ive
A popular north Norfolk estate plans to close its grounds tomorrow due to a high wind warning from the Met Office.
Holkham Estate said it would close Holkham Park and Lady Anne’s Drive including The Lookout on Wednesday, March 13, but that the Beach Road car park and Wells Beach Cafe would remain open.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for wind tomorrow, with strong northwesterly winds expected and possible transport disruption.
The service said some short term loss of power and other services was possible. It is likely that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities will be affected by spray and large waves.
Winds overnight and tomorrow are expected to be in excess of 30-40mph, with gusts at more than 55mph.
You may also want to watch:
There is about a 30pc chance it will rain tomorrow morning in north Norfolk, easing off throughout the day.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 5 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Air ambulance to fly with 'vital' life saving blood every mission