Estate to close tomorrow amid high wind warning
- Credit: Martin Ive
A popular north Norfolk estate plans to close its grounds tomorrow due to a high wind warning from the Met Office.
Holkham Estate said it would close Holkham Park and Lady Anne’s Drive including The Lookout on Wednesday, March 13, but that the Beach Road car park and Wells Beach Cafe would remain open.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for wind tomorrow, with strong northwesterly winds expected and possible transport disruption.
The service said some short term loss of power and other services was possible. It is likely that some coastal routes, sea fronts and coastal communities will be affected by spray and large waves.
Winds overnight and tomorrow are expected to be in excess of 30-40mph, with gusts at more than 55mph.
You may also want to watch:
There is about a 30pc chance it will rain tomorrow morning in north Norfolk, easing off throughout the day.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 5 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'