Could you perform in this upcoming opera?
- Credit: The North Norfolk Chamber Opera
Two nights of music are being held to give people a taste of an upcoming opera and to see if they would like to audition to be part of the show.
Next year, the North Norfolk Chamber Opera will put on a production of The Coronation of Poppea, by Claudio Monteverdi.
The opera was composed specifically to be performed in a church and is destined to be put on in St Margaret’s Church, Cley, in May 2022.
But in order to attract interest from people who might want to audition, the group is putting on two nights of from the opera.
The performances will take place on September 13 and 20 from 7.30pm at The Holt Youth Project in Old Station Way.
You may also want to watch:
Auditions for the 20 named roles in The Coronation of Poppea will be held shortly afterwards. No auditions are necessary to sing as part of the ensemble.
For full details visit www.northnorfolkchamberopera.co.uk.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 From hobby to business: Student sees house plant business grow
- 3 Road blocked following accident
- 4 Frustration as bid to house Afghan refugees fails
- 5 Meet the great-grandmother who has raised more than £100,000 for her church
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 From wartime heritage to modern dentistry: MP's summer in Norfolk
- 8 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 9 Proposal could see eight new homes built in Fakenham
- 10 Your say: Would you like to see face masks made mandatory again?