Photo competition opens to celebrate Norfolk Day
- Credit: Plain Speaking PR
Norfolk is a dream county for any keen photographer.
With its big open skies, beautiful beaches, pretty country villages, historic towns, famous landmarks and a rich variety of wildlife and natural beauty spots, there are ample opportunities to snap away.
And in the lead-up to Norfolk Day, which takes place on Wednesday, July 27, Castle Quarter in Norwich is running a photo competition asking people to share their favourite images of the county.
Open to professionals, amateurs, phone snappers and everyone in-between, the aim is to curate a stunning gallery of shots of Norfolk, taken by the people of Norfolk, for visitors to Castle Quarter to enjoy.
Rob Bradley is the centre manager of Castle Quarter and a keen photographer in his spare time.
He said: “We’re really lucky to have so many incredible photo opportunities in Norfolk, from the seals at Blakeney, to the instantly recognisable Happisburgh lighthouse, the River Wensum winding through Norwich, to the vibrancy of Great Yarmouth’s colourful seafront.
“To mark Norfolk Day and celebrate all that’s wonderful and diverse about our county, we’re asking people to share their favourite photos so we can create a gallery showing Norfolk at its best from every angle.”
- 1 Property spotlight: Four-bed home with 'secret garden' goes on the market
- 2 What is like to run holiday lets in Wells?
- 3 Volunteers transform old telephone box into book exchange
- 4 Dentist offers free check-up days for children to tackle backlog
- 5 Villagers come to the aid of deprived ducks after pond dries up
- 6 Norfolk spot named among UK's best waterside pubs
- 7 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
- 8 Youngster described as 'miracle baby' turns six years old
- 9 Norfolk Restaurant Week returning for 2022 with discounts across county
- 10 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot set for submission
All photo entries will be shared in a special Norfolk Day gallery on the Castle Quarter website and the best eight will go on display in Castle Quarter’s Norfolk Day gallery from Wednesday, July 27.
The photographers of the eight winning shots will also receive a £20 gift card for the Castle Quarter store of their choice.
Last year, the winning eight photos in the Castle Quarter Norfolk Day competition included shots capturing poppy fields, sandy coastlines, and peaceful countryside scenes.
To enter either:
Submit on the Castle Quarter website.
Email your photo to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Norfolk Day Photo Entry’ in the subject.
Drop your printed photo off at the management office in Castle Quarter in A3 format, remembering to include your name, contact number and/or email on the back.