NSPCC condemns Fakenham rapist as “despicable sexual predator”
- Credit: Archant
The NSPCC has condemned a Norfolk man who was sentenced to 16 years in jail at his retrial yesterday.
Karl Raine appeared at Norwich Crown Court on March 15 having been found guilty of one count of rape with a girl under 13, two of sexual activity with a child, and three counts of making and taking indecent images of a child.
Raine’s address was given as Warren Avenue, Fakenham, when he was found guilty by jury on Tuesday.
An NSPCC spokesperson said: “Raine is a despicable sexual predator who subjected a young girl to horrific abuse and showed no remorse as he consistently refused to admit his crimes.
“He will spend a long time behind bars thanks, in part, to his victim’s extraordinary courage in giving evidence against her abuser in court.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s vital that young witnesses, especially victims, are fully supported when giving evidence and action is taken to prevent re-traumatising children who have experienced or witnessed abuse.
“Children should also know that they will get support when they speak out and Childline is available free of charge 24/7 on 0800 1111 for help and advice.”
- 1 'A soft spot for it' - Owner of WaffleOpolis coming back to Fakenham
- 2 Boy, 13, praised after rescuing railway sign from river
- 3 Dragons and dinosaurs to feature at new adventure trail opening in Norfolk
- 4 It's coming home - via the third exit! Roundabouts get England makeover
- 5 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 6 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 7 Town's flower display blooms back to life
- 8 Sisters of BBC judge hope to breathe new life into Fakenham pub
- 9 From lockdown hobby to high street shop - New Fakenham crafts store opens
- 10 Jubilant 'Fellaton' cyclists raise £43k for charities after epic journey