NSPCC condemns Fakenham rapist as “despicable sexual predator”
- Credit: Archant
The NSPCC has condemned a Norfolk man who was sentenced to 16 years in jail at his retrial yesterday.
Karl Raine appeared at Norwich Crown Court on March 15 having been found guilty of one count of rape with a girl under 13, two of sexual activity with a child, and three counts of making and taking indecent images of a child.
Raine’s address was given as Warren Avenue, Fakenham, when he was found guilty by jury on Tuesday.
An NSPCC spokesperson said: “Raine is a despicable sexual predator who subjected a young girl to horrific abuse and showed no remorse as he consistently refused to admit his crimes.
“He will spend a long time behind bars thanks, in part, to his victim’s extraordinary courage in giving evidence against her abuser in court.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s vital that young witnesses, especially victims, are fully supported when giving evidence and action is taken to prevent re-traumatising children who have experienced or witnessed abuse.
“Children should also know that they will get support when they speak out and Childline is available free of charge 24/7 on 0800 1111 for help and advice.”
- 1 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 2 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 3 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 4 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 5 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 6 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together
- 7 Free art classes from award-winning artist on offer
- 8 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 9 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 10 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash