NSPCC condemns Fakenham rapist as “despicable sexual predator”
- Credit: Archant
The NSPCC has condemned a Norfolk man who was sentenced to 16 years in jail at his retrial yesterday.
Karl Raine appeared at Norwich Crown Court on March 15 having been found guilty of one count of rape with a girl under 13, two of sexual activity with a child, and three counts of making and taking indecent images of a child.
Raine’s address was given as Warren Avenue, Fakenham, when he was found guilty by jury on Tuesday.
An NSPCC spokesperson said: “Raine is a despicable sexual predator who subjected a young girl to horrific abuse and showed no remorse as he consistently refused to admit his crimes.
“He will spend a long time behind bars thanks, in part, to his victim’s extraordinary courage in giving evidence against her abuser in court.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s vital that young witnesses, especially victims, are fully supported when giving evidence and action is taken to prevent re-traumatising children who have experienced or witnessed abuse.
“Children should also know that they will get support when they speak out and Childline is available free of charge 24/7 on 0800 1111 for help and advice.”
- 1 Plans for market town homes back on the table
- 2 Holiday lets look forwards to seeing 'happy faces' as lockdown eases
- 3 'Ready to go' - Department store raring to reopen after 109-day wait
- 4 Town centre gets 'spring clean' ahead of high street re-opening
- 5 Owners of Pensthorpe pay tribute to patron Prince Philip
- 6 'Raring to go' - Barbers prepare for reopening
- 7 Tribute to loving and kind war veteran who opened school in Norfolk
- 8 Rare chance to visit famous walled gardens for only second time ever
- 9 Covid drive-through testing centre opens in town car park
- 10 Man sells bar after 19 years - but can't say goodbye