NSPCC condemns Fakenham rapist as “despicable sexual predator”
- Credit: Archant
The NSPCC has condemned a Norfolk man who was sentenced to 16 years in jail at his retrial yesterday.
Karl Raine appeared at Norwich Crown Court on March 15 having been found guilty of one count of rape with a girl under 13, two of sexual activity with a child, and three counts of making and taking indecent images of a child.
Raine’s address was given as Warren Avenue, Fakenham, when he was found guilty by jury on Tuesday.
An NSPCC spokesperson said: “Raine is a despicable sexual predator who subjected a young girl to horrific abuse and showed no remorse as he consistently refused to admit his crimes.
“He will spend a long time behind bars thanks, in part, to his victim’s extraordinary courage in giving evidence against her abuser in court.
“It’s vital that young witnesses, especially victims, are fully supported when giving evidence and action is taken to prevent re-traumatising children who have experienced or witnessed abuse.
“Children should also know that they will get support when they speak out and Childline is available free of charge 24/7 on 0800 1111 for help and advice.”
- 1 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 2 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Award-winning Norfolk pizza restaurant launches frozen range
- 5 Fresh grants for Omicron-hit firms announced
- 6 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 7 'It's time to decarbonise construction' - MP calls for regulation
- 8 School heads reveal feeling of 'positivity' at start of term
- 9 Headteacher says 'good' Ofsted rating a testament to hard work
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk