First of many organ recitals at St Nicholas church
- Credit: St Nicholas
The first of a number of organ recitals were performed at St Nicholas church in Dereham.
As part of the series of June Organ Recitals, Dougal Smith was the first one to perform.
His choice of music for the programme was 'Music from Royal Weddings'.
It provided a wide variety of music including the atmospheric music of Basil Harwood which was played at the wedding of Prince Albert to Lady Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon in 1923.
The recital also included the rousing Mendlessohn's 'Wedding March from Midsummer Night's Dream' which was played at Princess Elizabeth's marriage to Philip Moutbatten in 1947.
You may also want to watch:
The recital was a demonstration of how an organ can transport you to multiple emotions, as the music reverberated through the building to the very soul.
The next recital will be on Friday, June 8 at 1pm by Jo Richards.
- 1 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 2 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 3 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 4 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 5 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 6 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 7 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Your say - Has Bond tempted you back to the cinema?
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
Proceeded by refreshments at 12.40pm.