Photo Gallery: Book pays tribute to you - the folk who make Norfolk great
This is Norfolk. At work, rest and play. DEREK JAMES opens the pages of a new Archant book which turns the spotlight on the people and places of our proud county.
When the Eastern Counties Daily Press first hit the streets in 1870 we pinned our colours firmly to the Norfolk mast.
We announced we were proud to represent you and, more than 140 years on, we still are.
So much has changed over the decades but our relationship with you, our readers, has gone from strength to strength.
You, your family or friends, may even have appeared in the EDP over the years – captured by our team of skilled photographers out and about recording events and happenings across the county.
You may also want to watch:
Now we have opened our unique photographic archive to bring you Days Gone By, a 164-page glossy publication packed with pictures spanning seven decades.
Norfolk is the backdrop and you are the stars of this book – the men, women and children who come together to make Norfolk life so special.
- 1 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 2 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 3 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 4 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 5 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 6 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 7 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Your say - Has Bond tempted you back to the cinema?
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
Join us on a journey around Norwich, King's Lynn and Great Yarmouth, stopping off at market towns, seaside resorts and villages, recording events, some happy, others tragic which have shaped our lives in the last half century or more.
We visit farms, factories, colleges and schools and we remember people who made a difference in a whole host of ways over the years.
Our photographers have also captured some delightful moments following the Royal Family over the years as they are out and about in their beloved Norfolk.
From schoolchildren to pensioners. From fishermen to farmers and from footballers to entertainers –they are all people who make up the ingredients for the delicious Norfolk cake.
Days Gone By is in the shops now at �7.95.
Call Norwich (01603) 772174/ 772171 to order your copy or click on www.subscripton save.co.uk/nfa