Homes plan for town bus depot site
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been made to build eight homes on the site of a former bus depot in Fakenham.
Four two-bedroom and four three-bedroom homes would be built on the Sanders Coaches site in Claypit Lane, backing onto allotments.
Planning permission, from North Norfolk District Council, had previously been given to build seven houses at the site.
A design and access statement says: "Rear gardens are of a good size mostly backing onto the trees and ivy bank separating the site from allotments.
"Outlook towards this natural tree lined border should give a pleasant and private garden. The four larger dwellings at the widest end of the site have larger gardens facing full south."
You may also want to watch:
The plans say half of the homes, which would all be two storey, would be suitable for adaption for occupation by the elderly.
The design statement adds: "Rear gardens are of a good size mostly backing onto the trees and ivy bank separating the site from allotments. Outlook towards this natural tree lined border should give a pleasant and private garden."
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 'A deserved hoorah!' - Thanks pour in for practice's Covid vaccine rollout
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 5 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 6 Second Banksy-style doctor street art appears outside vaccination centre
- 7 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Fresh snow falls as weather warning continues for Norfolk and Suffolk
- 10 'We are here for the children' - Headteacher backs EDP's laptop campaign