Homes plan for town bus depot site
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been made to build eight homes on the site of a former bus depot in Fakenham.
Four two-bedroom and four three-bedroom homes would be built on the Sanders Coaches site in Claypit Lane, backing onto allotments.
Planning permission, from North Norfolk District Council, had previously been given to build seven houses at the site.
A design and access statement says: "Rear gardens are of a good size mostly backing onto the trees and ivy bank separating the site from allotments.
"Outlook towards this natural tree lined border should give a pleasant and private garden. The four larger dwellings at the widest end of the site have larger gardens facing full south."
You may also want to watch:
The plans say half of the homes, which would all be two storey, would be suitable for adaption for occupation by the elderly.
The design statement adds: "Rear gardens are of a good size mostly backing onto the trees and ivy bank separating the site from allotments. Outlook towards this natural tree lined border should give a pleasant and private garden."
- 1 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 5 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 6 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 7 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 8 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 9 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 10 7 places to avoid the crowds in Norfolk this summer