Homes plan for town bus depot site
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been made to build eight homes on the site of a former bus depot in Fakenham.
Four two-bedroom and four three-bedroom homes would be built on the Sanders Coaches site in Claypit Lane, backing onto allotments.
Planning permission, from North Norfolk District Council, had previously been given to build seven houses at the site.
A design and access statement says: "Rear gardens are of a good size mostly backing onto the trees and ivy bank separating the site from allotments.
"Outlook towards this natural tree lined border should give a pleasant and private garden. The four larger dwellings at the widest end of the site have larger gardens facing full south."
You may also want to watch:
The plans say half of the homes, which would all be two storey, would be suitable for adaption for occupation by the elderly.
The design statement adds: "Rear gardens are of a good size mostly backing onto the trees and ivy bank separating the site from allotments. Outlook towards this natural tree lined border should give a pleasant and private garden."
- 1 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 2 Fakenham park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 3 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 7 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 8 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 9 History made as heritage railway gets ready to reopen
- 10 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries