Police catch more than 70 speeding motorists
More than 70 motorists were stopped by officers from the Wells policing team during a multi-agency speed awareness week.A week of speed checks run by the Wells Neighbourhood Polcing Team and Norfolk's Safety Camera Partnership ran from November 2 to 8.
More than 70 motorists were stopped by officers from the Wells policing team during a multi-agency speed awareness week.
A week of speed checks run by the Wells Neighbourhood Policing Team and Norfolk's Safety Camera Partnership ran from November 2 to 8.
Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) Becky Taylor and Andy Dixon joined together with the partnership covering Wells and surrounding parishes during the week.
More than 70 drivers were dealt with by either verbal warning, written warning or issued with a speeding ticket. Two drivers recorded speeding have been reported to court.
You may also want to watch:
The partnership identified Wells Road in Walsingham as being of particular concern due to the number of speeding motorists and the road has now become a designated site for the camera van.
PCSO Becky Taylor said: “This was a very successful operation and one which will be repeated in the future.”
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 5 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
She added: “Overall there was not a large volume of speeding ion the area, however, concerns over the Wells Road will be discussed at our next priority meeting.”