Police catch more than 70 speeding motorists
More than 70 motorists were stopped by officers from the Wells policing team during a multi-agency speed awareness week.A week of speed checks run by the Wells Neighbourhood Polcing Team and Norfolk's Safety Camera Partnership ran from November 2 to 8.
More than 70 motorists were stopped by officers from the Wells policing team during a multi-agency speed awareness week.
A week of speed checks run by the Wells Neighbourhood Policing Team and Norfolk's Safety Camera Partnership ran from November 2 to 8.
Police Community Support Officers (PCSOs) Becky Taylor and Andy Dixon joined together with the partnership covering Wells and surrounding parishes during the week.
More than 70 drivers were dealt with by either verbal warning, written warning or issued with a speeding ticket. Two drivers recorded speeding have been reported to court.
You may also want to watch:
The partnership identified Wells Road in Walsingham as being of particular concern due to the number of speeding motorists and the road has now become a designated site for the camera van.
PCSO Becky Taylor said: “This was a very successful operation and one which will be repeated in the future.”
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 5 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
She added: “Overall there was not a large volume of speeding ion the area, however, concerns over the Wells Road will be discussed at our next priority meeting.”