Stash of illegal weapons found in home in market town
- Credit: Google Maps
Police seized a stash of weapons from a Fakenham home, following a tip off from border agencies.
Police said on June 19 they searched the home of a man in Mill Court and found a variety of weapons, including tasers constructed by the man.
There were also weapons which had been modified to increase their power and fire ball bearings.
Police were tipped off by customs officers, who intercepted a weapon brought into the country illegally.
A man was charged in connection with the haul but the case was closed after he died.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "Police officers carried out a warrant at a property in Mill Court, Fakenham, on June 19 where a number of illegal weapons were recovered.
"The matter was investigated and a man was charged in connection with the incidents.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 5 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place
"The case has since been closed following the death of the defendant."