Stash of illegal weapons found in home in market town
- Credit: Google Maps
Police seized a stash of weapons from a Fakenham home, following a tip off from border agencies.
Police said on June 19 they searched the home of a man in Mill Court and found a variety of weapons, including tasers constructed by the man.
There were also weapons which had been modified to increase their power and fire ball bearings.
Police were tipped off by customs officers, who intercepted a weapon brought into the country illegally.
A man was charged in connection with the haul but the case was closed after he died.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "Police officers carried out a warrant at a property in Mill Court, Fakenham, on June 19 where a number of illegal weapons were recovered.
"The matter was investigated and a man was charged in connection with the incidents.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front
- 7 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 8 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 9 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 10 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV
"The case has since been closed following the death of the defendant."