Stash of illegal weapons found in home in market town
- Credit: Google Maps
Police seized a stash of weapons from a Fakenham home, following a tip off from border agencies.
Police said on June 19 they searched the home of a man in Mill Court and found a variety of weapons, including tasers constructed by the man.
There were also weapons which had been modified to increase their power and fire ball bearings.
Police were tipped off by customs officers, who intercepted a weapon brought into the country illegally.
A man was charged in connection with the haul but the case was closed after he died.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "Police officers carried out a warrant at a property in Mill Court, Fakenham, on June 19 where a number of illegal weapons were recovered.
"The matter was investigated and a man was charged in connection with the incidents.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 5 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
"The case has since been closed following the death of the defendant."