Stash of illegal weapons found in home in market town
- Credit: Google Maps
Police seized a stash of weapons from a Fakenham home, following a tip off from border agencies.
Police said on June 19 they searched the home of a man in Mill Court and found a variety of weapons, including tasers constructed by the man.
There were also weapons which had been modified to increase their power and fire ball bearings.
Police were tipped off by customs officers, who intercepted a weapon brought into the country illegally.
A man was charged in connection with the haul but the case was closed after he died.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "Police officers carried out a warrant at a property in Mill Court, Fakenham, on June 19 where a number of illegal weapons were recovered.
"The matter was investigated and a man was charged in connection with the incidents.
- 1 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 4 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 5 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 8 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 9 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 10 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
"The case has since been closed following the death of the defendant."