Praise for beach
It was immortalised in the hit movie Shakespeare in Love when actress Gwyneth Paltrow is seen walking across its golden sands.Now Holkham's unspoilt stretch of beach and dunes has been named as one of the best beaches in Britain in a new publication.
It was immortalised in the hit movie Shakespeare in Love when actress Gwyneth Paltrow is seen walking across its golden sands.
Now Holkham's unspoilt stretch of beach and dunes has been named as one of the best beaches in Britain in a new publication.
In the Time Out publication's new Seaside Guide, Holkham beach is lauded for its astonishing views, majestic stretch of pine woods and abundance of wildlife.
The beach, a favourite of holidaymakers and naturists, is described in the publication as a “knockout” even on the dullest and dampest of days.
You may also want to watch:
Suggestions for other attractions close to the beach include the “handsome” Marsh Larder Tearooms and the “opulently” decorated Victoria Hotel with its “easy going charm”.
Seaside's editor High Graham said: “It is absurd that Brits continue to pay good money to holiday in resorts where they can only look forward to a patch of sand the size of a beach towel.”
- 1 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 4 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 5 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 6 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 7 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 8 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 9 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 10 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
Holkham Estate resident agent Richard Gledson said: “It is always rewarding to know that others appreciate and enjoy Holkham as much as we do here in Norfolk.
“In addition to the fact that Time Out is championing Holkham as one of the best beaches in Britain, it has also recognised that there is always something fantastic for visitors to enjoy on the Holkham Estate in the wider sense, whatever time of year or the weather.”
The Seaside Guide costs £16.99 and is available from www.timeout.com/shop and bookshops.