Praise for beach
It was immortalised in the hit movie Shakespeare in Love when actress Gwyneth Paltrow is seen walking across its golden sands.Now Holkham's unspoilt stretch of beach and dunes has been named as one of the best beaches in Britain in a new publication.
It was immortalised in the hit movie Shakespeare in Love when actress Gwyneth Paltrow is seen walking across its golden sands.
Now Holkham's unspoilt stretch of beach and dunes has been named as one of the best beaches in Britain in a new publication.
In the Time Out publication's new Seaside Guide, Holkham beach is lauded for its astonishing views, majestic stretch of pine woods and abundance of wildlife.
The beach, a favourite of holidaymakers and naturists, is described in the publication as a “knockout” even on the dullest and dampest of days.
You may also want to watch:
Suggestions for other attractions close to the beach include the “handsome” Marsh Larder Tearooms and the “opulently” decorated Victoria Hotel with its “easy going charm”.
Seaside's editor High Graham said: “It is absurd that Brits continue to pay good money to holiday in resorts where they can only look forward to a patch of sand the size of a beach towel.”
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Norfolk scams: DVLA texts and family WhatsApp messages
Holkham Estate resident agent Richard Gledson said: “It is always rewarding to know that others appreciate and enjoy Holkham as much as we do here in Norfolk.
“In addition to the fact that Time Out is championing Holkham as one of the best beaches in Britain, it has also recognised that there is always something fantastic for visitors to enjoy on the Holkham Estate in the wider sense, whatever time of year or the weather.”
The Seaside Guide costs £16.99 and is available from www.timeout.com/shop and bookshops.