Presentation postponed as Lord Lieutenant has another appointment
- Credit: Archant
A presentation to the Friends of Langham Dome by the Lord Lieutenant of Norfolk, Sir Richard Jewson, will have to be postponed.
The handover of the Queen's Award for Voluntary Service was due to take place on Monday, July 8, but will now have to be rearranged, as Mr Jewson has another appointment.
The community group saved the dome at the disused airfield at RAF Langham, near Wells, and converted it into a popular visitor centre and museum.
It tells the story of RAF Langham in the Second World War and the Cold War, and also of the secret war-winning invention of the dome's anti-aircraft gunnery trainer.
A ceremony was due to take place at the Dome in Cockthorpe Road, Langham at 11am.
You may also want to watch:
Trustee John Blakeley said: "Sir Richard now has to attend a funeral that day. I will let you know the new date as soon as we have it."
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Two fisherman saved from boat taking on water
- 3 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 6 Fakenham shop to host Macmillan Coffee Morning
- 7 Boss looks to improve security at Fakenham business park
- 8 Trustee reflects on how endangered charity saved his life
- 9 Fakenham's annual riverside day set to finally go ahead
- 10 Shed set alight, 16 broken into and pumpkins destroyed at allotments