Presentation postponed as Lord Lieutenant has another appointment
- Credit: Archant
A presentation to the Friends of Langham Dome by the Lord Lieutenant of Norfolk, Sir Richard Jewson, will have to be postponed.
The handover of the Queen's Award for Voluntary Service was due to take place on Monday, July 8, but will now have to be rearranged, as Mr Jewson has another appointment.
The community group saved the dome at the disused airfield at RAF Langham, near Wells, and converted it into a popular visitor centre and museum.
It tells the story of RAF Langham in the Second World War and the Cold War, and also of the secret war-winning invention of the dome's anti-aircraft gunnery trainer.
A ceremony was due to take place at the Dome in Cockthorpe Road, Langham at 11am.
You may also want to watch:
Trustee John Blakeley said: "Sir Richard now has to attend a funeral that day. I will let you know the new date as soon as we have it."
- 1 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 2 'She was a fighter'- Tributes to music-loving Kelsey, 27
- 3 Rugby club left 'frustrated' after finding dog mess on their pitch
- 4 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 5 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 6 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 7 Electrical store helps school's computer appeal
- 8 'Exceptional demand' as thousands in Norfolk seek coronavirus hardship fund help
- 9 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
- 10 Banksy-style doctor street art appears on shop front