Presentation postponed as Lord Lieutenant has another appointment
- Credit: Archant
A presentation to the Friends of Langham Dome by the Lord Lieutenant of Norfolk, Sir Richard Jewson, will have to be postponed.
The handover of the Queen's Award for Voluntary Service was due to take place on Monday, July 8, but will now have to be rearranged, as Mr Jewson has another appointment.
The community group saved the dome at the disused airfield at RAF Langham, near Wells, and converted it into a popular visitor centre and museum.
It tells the story of RAF Langham in the Second World War and the Cold War, and also of the secret war-winning invention of the dome's anti-aircraft gunnery trainer.
A ceremony was due to take place at the Dome in Cockthorpe Road, Langham at 11am.
Trustee John Blakeley said: "Sir Richard now has to attend a funeral that day. I will let you know the new date as soon as we have it."
- 1 New special school opens doors to first students
- 2 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 3 Fakenham firms keen to protect customers as rate of inflation soars
- 4 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 5 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 6 Pair of primary schools join Diocese of Norwich trust
- 7 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 8 Council to sell land in 'Chelsea-on-Sea'
- 9 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 10 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk