Popular TV presenter to open annual event at Pensthorpe
- Credit: Archant
Television presenter and naturalist Nick Baker is set to open an annual community event at Pensthorpe Natural Park.
The television personality, who has appeared on BBC shows such as Springwatch Unsprung and The Really Wild Show, will officially open the Wild About Wensum event on May 12.
This year’s event will be the 12th held by the Pensthorpe Conservation Trust and it will focus on encouraging people of all ages to visit the Wensum Valley, where Pensthorpe Natural Park is located.
Mr Baker said: “Pensthorpe not only boasts a fabulous location within Norfolk’s environment-rich Wensum Valley but it is a great example of an attraction with a cause - keen to do nothing more than encourage visitors to reconnect with the outdoors.
“It’s an ethos which is very close to my heart and I look forward to joining them and being part of the event.”
You may also want to watch:
The one-day event will specifically look at the plight of the hare in the English countryside and highlight Norfolk’s position as one of the biggest homes for hares in the country.
Mr Baker will host a meet and greet in the morning, before officially opening the event at 11am. After that he will run an interactive bug hunt for children, along with a book signing and talk on being a naturalist.
- 1 'It is damaging' - Business frustrated as vehicles block shop front
- 2 Fakenham park dubbed 'drugstore' as fears raised over anti-social behaviour
- 3 New affordable homes in Fakenham for the elderly ahead of schedule
- 4 See inside the boutique hotel with spa centre reserved for guests
- 5 Daughter's tragic death from rare illness sparks dad's fundraiser
- 6 Concern as Covid test centre takes spaces away from shoppers
- 7 Rubbish dating back 40 years found in Fakenham litter pick
- 8 Norwich City promotion celebrated with new batch of £100 glass canaries
- 9 'Proud as punch' - Sports centre delighted with renovations
- 10 History made as heritage railway gets ready to reopen
Deb Jordan, co-owner of Pensthorpe Natural Park, said: “We are thrilled that Nick Baker, someone as passionate about the natural world as we are, will be joining us for our community day. Nick shares our enthusiasm for re-engaging with nature and nothing encapsulates our desire to inspire our visitors more than Wild About the Wensum.
“We want to encourage all generations to get outdoors and embrace the delights of nature – it’s accessible to all.”
Local wildlife groups and nature charities will also be in attendance, including the Norfolk Wildlife Trust, Wensum Alliance and Norfolk Bee Keepers Association.
Pensthorpe is reducing admission prices to £2 per person for tickets booked online and in advance, and £3 per person on the day. Those under 3 will have free entry. An extra charge will be added for access to the inoor play area Hootz House.
To book tickets or for more information about Pensthorpe visit their website.