‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- Credit: Aaron McMillan
A woman has described her shock after seeing a blaze engulf a neighbouring flat.
Flames swept through the home on the Green Lane estate at Pudding Norton, near Fakenham, in the early hours of Sunday.
Fire crews from across mid-Norfolk tackled the blaze after shocked neighbours reported the property being well alight.
"It was ridiculous. It went up like a matchstick,” said Mrs Whyte, who chose not to give her first name, but who lives on the estate.
"I thought it was running water, heard these bangs and crashes then I looked out my back door and saw the flames. I rushed back in and called 999."
She said she saw someone jumping from a window.
"It was horrific, the flames shot up into the air at least six or seven foot," she said.
"I was dozing off when I heard him shouting 'get out, get out'."
- 1 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 2 Crews called to blaze on boat in Wells Harbour
- 3 Owners turn former deli into concierge business
- 4 Sports centre hoping to shake 'hidden gem' tag
- 5 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 6 Plans could see office transformed into tattoo parlour
- 7 Friends rescue baby barn owl who fell from tree
- 8 Bone found on beach by Callum, 9, may have been from a woolly rhino
- 9 Your say - Has Bond tempted you back to the cinema?
- 10 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
At Sunday lunchtime police and firefighters remained at the house, which has been gutted and left without a roof.
An investigation has been launched into the circumstances surrounding the cause of the fire.