Queues easing after boat blocks A47 near Swaffham
Massive tailbacks are beginning to ease on the A47 near Swaffham following a two-hour closure of the carriageway. Motorists faced rush-hour chaos after a trailer carrying a two-tonne boat overturned.
Massive tailbacks are beginning to ease on the A47 near Swaffham following a two-hour closure of the carriageway.
Motorists faced rush-hour chaos this morning after a trailer carrying a two-tonne boat overturned on the A47 forcing several miles of the King's Lynn-bound carriageway to close.
The accident happened just after 7am on the west-bound stretch of road between the Castle Acre flyover and the A1122.
Debris was strewn across the carriageway and the central reservation was damaged in the incident, however, the driver of the 4x4 which was towing the boat, which is estimated to have been between five and eight metres long, was unhurt.
You may also want to watch:
No other vehicles were involved in the incident and the carriageway has now been reopened.
t Do you have pictures of the incident? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 5 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 'Sickened' car dealer watches thieves on CCTV
- 8 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk