Queues easing after boat blocks A47 near Swaffham
Massive tailbacks are beginning to ease on the A47 near Swaffham following a two-hour closure of the carriageway. Motorists faced rush-hour chaos after a trailer carrying a two-tonne boat overturned.
Massive tailbacks are beginning to ease on the A47 near Swaffham following a two-hour closure of the carriageway.
Motorists faced rush-hour chaos this morning after a trailer carrying a two-tonne boat overturned on the A47 forcing several miles of the King's Lynn-bound carriageway to close.
The accident happened just after 7am on the west-bound stretch of road between the Castle Acre flyover and the A1122.
Debris was strewn across the carriageway and the central reservation was damaged in the incident, however, the driver of the 4x4 which was towing the boat, which is estimated to have been between five and eight metres long, was unhurt.
You may also want to watch:
No other vehicles were involved in the incident and the carriageway has now been reopened.
t Do you have pictures of the incident? Email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate