Quiz to be held in Norfolk village to raise funds for historic church
- Credit: Archant
A village quiz is set to be held to raise money for St Mary’s Church in Whissonsett, near Fakenham.
The quiz will take place at the Whissonsett village hall at the end of April and includes a traditional dinner with dessert, followed by the quiz, which organisers describe as “light-hearted”.
To be involved participants can come along in a team of six or they can join a team when they arrive.
The event will take place on Saturday, April 28 and tickets are £8. They are on sale from organisers Sue and Caroline, who can be contacted on 01328 701908 or 01328 700665.
Participants are asked to bring along their own glasses and cutlery.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds will go towards St Mary’s Church, which is thought to date back to 1250 and is known for its display of an Anglo-Saxon cross, discovered in 1902.
The cross design has been used as the backdrop for the village sign and is believed to be the only one of its kind in the county.
- 1 Housing bid blocked over foul sewage fears
- 2 South African chef and seven-courses: Town's newest bar and restaurant
- 3 RAF Sculthorpe prepares for take-off as reopening approaches
- 4 Mum left overwhelmed as daughter's Disneyland dream becomes reality
- 5 Your say - What's the best thing about Fakenham
- 6 Town to turn into Disneyland for Elsie after mum's plea for support
- 7 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 8 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 9 Eyes-down for a full house as charity bingo returns to Fakenham
- 10 Pioneering boat will make Norfolk coast more accessible