Quiz to be held in Norfolk village to raise funds for historic church
- Credit: Archant
A village quiz is set to be held to raise money for St Mary’s Church in Whissonsett, near Fakenham.
The quiz will take place at the Whissonsett village hall at the end of April and includes a traditional dinner with dessert, followed by the quiz, which organisers describe as “light-hearted”.
To be involved participants can come along in a team of six or they can join a team when they arrive.
The event will take place on Saturday, April 28 and tickets are £8. They are on sale from organisers Sue and Caroline, who can be contacted on 01328 701908 or 01328 700665.
Participants are asked to bring along their own glasses and cutlery.
You may also want to watch:
All proceeds will go towards St Mary’s Church, which is thought to date back to 1250 and is known for its display of an Anglo-Saxon cross, discovered in 1902.
The cross design has been used as the backdrop for the village sign and is believed to be the only one of its kind in the county.
- 1 'Absolutely fantastic' - Wells welcomes back punters as lockdown eases
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 4 Barber fulfils dream of 34 years by opening hometown shop
- 5 Park-and-ride scheme plan for busy seaside towns
- 6 'It's a win/win' - Fakenham group to sell merchandise at The Larder
- 7 Hairdressers working 12-hour days to recoup Covid losses
- 8 District council seats up for grabs in two by-elections
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England