Fakenham woman becomes second ever winner of prestigious industry award following 40-year career
- Credit: Archant
An integral member of a north Norfolk venue has received a prestigious industry award following a career spanning 40 years.
Trudi Moulton, of Fakenham Racecourse, has been announced as the winner of the 2018 Outstanding Achievement Award by the Racecourse Association (RCA).
Ms Moulton has been part of the Fakenham team for more than 40 years and started as a casual member. She now oversees recruitment of casual staff and takes responsibility for raceday hospitality as well as non-raceday conference and events.
The recent retirement of a colleague also presented new opportunities and saw Ms Moulton take on additional responsibilities.
Maggie Carver, RCA chairman, who presided over the panel that decided the winner, said: “I am thrilled for Trudi who becomes our second ever winner of this prestigious award.
You may also want to watch:
“Upon reading the nomination from David Hunter at Fakenham Racecourse, it became clear that Trudi was a part of the DNA of the racecourse. The service she has provided over a career spanning 40 years - and counting - demonstrates her love for the sport and for Fakenham which I am sure is clear to those who are welcomed by her on a raceday.”
Ms Moulton’s roots around the Fakenham area means she is known to many visitors to the racecourse.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 4 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 10 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
A spokesperson for RCA added: “[She] is respected and liked by the same token. Her wicked sense of humour is just one of her many redeeming features and it is no exaggeration to say that racedays at Fakenham would simply not be the same without her warm personality.”
David Hunter, chief executive and clerk of the course at Fakenham Racecourse, said: “I am absolutely delighted and thrilled for Trudi. The award could not have been given to a more deserving person – not only for all that she does at Fakenham, but for the wider racing community.
“She is a complete legend and we all look forward to supporting her at the showcase dinner when she will receive her award and the recognition that she so deserves.”
Ms Moulton will celebrate this achievement with the Fakenham team at Aintree on Thursday November 8.