Fakenham woman becomes second ever winner of prestigious industry award following 40-year career
- Credit: Archant
An integral member of a north Norfolk venue has received a prestigious industry award following a career spanning 40 years.
Trudi Moulton, of Fakenham Racecourse, has been announced as the winner of the 2018 Outstanding Achievement Award by the Racecourse Association (RCA).
Ms Moulton has been part of the Fakenham team for more than 40 years and started as a casual member. She now oversees recruitment of casual staff and takes responsibility for raceday hospitality as well as non-raceday conference and events.
The recent retirement of a colleague also presented new opportunities and saw Ms Moulton take on additional responsibilities.
Maggie Carver, RCA chairman, who presided over the panel that decided the winner, said: “I am thrilled for Trudi who becomes our second ever winner of this prestigious award.
“Upon reading the nomination from David Hunter at Fakenham Racecourse, it became clear that Trudi was a part of the DNA of the racecourse. The service she has provided over a career spanning 40 years - and counting - demonstrates her love for the sport and for Fakenham which I am sure is clear to those who are welcomed by her on a raceday.”
Ms Moulton’s roots around the Fakenham area means she is known to many visitors to the racecourse.
- 1 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 2 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 3 Ladies to take centre stage at Fakenham Races season finale
- 4 Brewery's platinum ale sells out
- 5 Fears home-building halt could delay huge Fakenham expansion
- 6 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 7 Plant Lovers' Day set to return at Creake Abbey
- 8 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 9 Fakenham Town's double delight after two cups lifted on same day
- 10 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
A spokesperson for RCA added: “[She] is respected and liked by the same token. Her wicked sense of humour is just one of her many redeeming features and it is no exaggeration to say that racedays at Fakenham would simply not be the same without her warm personality.”
David Hunter, chief executive and clerk of the course at Fakenham Racecourse, said: “I am absolutely delighted and thrilled for Trudi. The award could not have been given to a more deserving person – not only for all that she does at Fakenham, but for the wider racing community.
“She is a complete legend and we all look forward to supporting her at the showcase dinner when she will receive her award and the recognition that she so deserves.”
Ms Moulton will celebrate this achievement with the Fakenham team at Aintree on Thursday November 8.