Jumpers for jumpers as racecourse hosts Christmas charity event
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Racecourse is starting a run of charity events with a Christmas Jumpers day.
Fakenham Racecourse is hoping to raise Christmas spirits and donations this week.
The racecourse's annual Christmas themed race day is supporting Save the Children, with a Christmas jumper day on Tuesday, December 17.
The racecourse, which already supports a number of charities, says it will be doing even more next year, including raising money for The Country Food Trust. They will have their own dedicated raceday next March.
The marketing executive for Fakenham Racecourse, Dalia Courridge, said: "Save the Children is a wonderful charity and does an incredible amount of important work. We would love to support their initiative and encourage our racegoers to have some fun by wearing their favourite Christmas jumper whilst helping those in need and spreading the Christmas cheer."
You may also want to watch:
Gates for the last race day of the year open at 11 am and the first race is at 12:40. Tickets are still available.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Market town's Chamber of Trade set for relaunch
- 3 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 4 'The company was becoming the story' - Under fire care home firm to sell up
- 5 Film that highlight natural park conservation set to premiere
- 6 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 7 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 8 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 9 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 10 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed