Jumpers for jumpers as racecourse hosts Christmas charity event
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Racecourse is starting a run of charity events with a Christmas Jumpers day.
Fakenham Racecourse is hoping to raise Christmas spirits and donations this week.
The racecourse's annual Christmas themed race day is supporting Save the Children, with a Christmas jumper day on Tuesday, December 17.
The racecourse, which already supports a number of charities, says it will be doing even more next year, including raising money for The Country Food Trust. They will have their own dedicated raceday next March.
The marketing executive for Fakenham Racecourse, Dalia Courridge, said: "Save the Children is a wonderful charity and does an incredible amount of important work. We would love to support their initiative and encourage our racegoers to have some fun by wearing their favourite Christmas jumper whilst helping those in need and spreading the Christmas cheer."
You may also want to watch:
Gates for the last race day of the year open at 11 am and the first race is at 12:40. Tickets are still available.
- 1 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 2 Review: 'My new favourite' - excellent dishes at country coaching inn
- 3 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 4 Last man alive to be born at country home celebrates 100th birthday
- 5 Fakenham Figures - Pensthorpe manager reveals his love for north Norfolk
- 6 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 7 Parkruns return to Norfolk for first time since Covid
- 8 Youngsters camp out for 'Sharkitude' leavers event
- 9 I don't fear change in north Norfolk - just keep what makes it special
- 10 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk