Jumpers for jumpers as racecourse hosts Christmas charity event
- Credit: Archant
Fakenham Racecourse is starting a run of charity events with a Christmas Jumpers day.
Fakenham Racecourse is hoping to raise Christmas spirits and donations this week.
The racecourse's annual Christmas themed race day is supporting Save the Children, with a Christmas jumper day on Tuesday, December 17.
The racecourse, which already supports a number of charities, says it will be doing even more next year, including raising money for The Country Food Trust. They will have their own dedicated raceday next March.
The marketing executive for Fakenham Racecourse, Dalia Courridge, said: "Save the Children is a wonderful charity and does an incredible amount of important work. We would love to support their initiative and encourage our racegoers to have some fun by wearing their favourite Christmas jumper whilst helping those in need and spreading the Christmas cheer."
You may also want to watch:
Gates for the last race day of the year open at 11 am and the first race is at 12:40. Tickets are still available.
- 1 Teenager creates bucket list for 'amazing' dog after cancer diagnosis
- 2 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 3 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 4 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 5 Inspectors praise Norfolk firefighters for help during Covid surge
- 6 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 7 'We are here for the children' - Headteacher backs EDP's laptop campaign
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 10 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park