‘Town has a lot of potential’ - Shop owners upbeat as they prepare for new start
- Credit: Archant
A popular village store and deli will be soon moving to Fakenham, hoping to open by mid-September.
Naomi and Alan Katze own Rainbow Stores in Rudham, and they are currently planning their move to a vacant shop in the Aldiss building. Mrs Katze said "The town has a lot of potential and I've got a feeling, as time goes on, things are going to keep growing.
"More and more independent stores are coming in, and we've got something a little different to offer. We're not going to be a village shop any more, we want to focus on being a mediterranean deli with a Norfolk twist."
Mrs Katze proudly highlighted some of the unique products they have, such as ginger-flavoured drinks from France, cheeses from Spain and jam made in the county.
"Coming from Lincolnshire, we couldn't believe how supportive Norfolk is of Norfolk. We're great believers in it, and we're proudly Norfolk now."
You may also want to watch:
"We don't want to give too much away about how we're going to be decorating, because we want it to be a surprise. But we'll be doing things you can't find in a supermarket, becuase it's stupid to try to compete with them.
Both owners spoke about how important they believe it is to be friendly with people. Mr Katze said "If you can't even do that, you're in the wrong industry.
- 1 Councillor asks people to speak up after confronting lockdown rule breakers
- 2 Market town set for 'modest' council tax precept rise
- 3 Where the pines meet the sea on the north Norfolk coast
- 4 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Could you give these Shetland sheep a caring new home?
- 7 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 8 Surgery turns away people asking for 'spare' Covid vaccines
- 9 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 10 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
Mrs Katze said "We want to be friendly to people as soon as they walk in. We've got two girls moving over with us, and they're great at greeting people as soon as they come in. Even Alan can manage that, so it can't be too hard!"
"Until we move to Fakenham, it's hard to know how we'll fit in. But we're looking forward to it."