Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- Credit: Rod Skeggs
One of only five Airbus Beluga XL planes ever made has been spotted flying over Norfolk.
The rare plane, which is used to transport parts of other aircraft, was spotted over Fakenham at around 1pm on Wednesday, September 22.
Shaped like a whale and even featuring a face, the giant planes which are based in Toulouse, make cargo flights to 11 destinations around Europe.
According to Flight Radar, the plane was making its way from Bremen, Germany to Chester, England.
The planes do not take passengers although the aircraft plays a part in the construction of many of the world's passenger planes by delivering new parts.
You may also want to watch:
Rod Skeggs, who spotted the plane said: "I was at work and I looked up and saw it, and thought 'that's not the usual sort of plane that flies over us'.
"So I took a couple of shots and Googled it and found there was only five in the world."
- 1 Cambridge students get Fakenham question wrong on University Challenge
- 2 New owners of market town café want to keep everything local
- 3 Electrical pole blocking footpath set to be moved
- 4 Business owner feared heart scare would see dream shop opening dashed
- 5 Organiser humbled as 210 strong Land Rover convoy raises over £3,000
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 Kayaker found in pub after Wells lifeboat launched
- 8 Are Fakenham businesses seeing an early rush for Christmas shopping?
- 9 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?