Valencian hound goes missing after just one week with new owner
- Credit: Archant
A dog lover whose new pet arrived just a week ago has been putting up posters appealing for help in finding her after she went missing.
Sue Walker ordered the rescue dog from a website in Spain and it arrived at her home in North Creake, near Fakenham, last week.
But it escaped from her garden after the gate was left open at about 7.30pm on Saturday, June 13.
The dog was seen at the gravel pits at the CITB in Bircham, about seven miles away, on Sunday, June 14 and again on Monday, June 15.
And Ms Walker has been desperately driving around the area putting up missing posters.
You may also want to watch:
The 65-year-old, who is a shopworker in Wells-next-the-Sea, said: “Her name in the pound in Spain was Alexandra but she won’t answer to that. We did not have time to give her a name.
“The dog is a large tan and white collie, known as a Valencian hound. She’s about three-years-old and travelled with 19 other dogs from Valencia to the UK.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 10 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
“I got her from the Hope for Podencos website, which lists rescued dogs for adoption. I used to live in Spain and I brought six of these dogs to England with me when I moved back.
“My last one died recently so, with this one going missing, I’ve now lost two dogs in a couple of months.”
She said there was something about this dog that appealed to her.
She added: “She was dumped when she was 12-months-old and pregnant, and gave birth to six puppies in a ditch. I wanted to give her a better life,
“I’m distraught. She’d only been with us for a week. Please help.”