Motorists face diversions as one of town’s busiest roads shuts for up to three days
- Credit: roadworks.org
Drivers are being warned to face delays as a section of one of Fakenham’s busiest roads is closed for roadworks.
Part of Oak Street near the town's library and community centre will be shut from 7am on Monday July 15. The road closure could be in place up to midnight on Wednesday July 17 depending on how the work takes.
A new gas and water main connection is being put in by Cadent Gas and Anglian Water to a property next to 23 Oak Street.
Northbound traffic faces a diversion via Wells Road, Highfield Road, Queens Road, Norwich Street and Market Place.
Vehicles heading the other way will need to head down Bridge Street, Olivet Way, Whitehorse Street, Queens Road, Highfield Road and Wells Road.
You may also want to watch:
Buses that normally stop near the Central Cinema will instead stop short of the closure.
Increased congestion is likely in the town centre.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 5 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 6 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 7 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 8 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 9 Ofsted visits Norfolk school to see how it copes with Covid
- 10 Roofer warns against 'Good Samaritan' scammers