Motorists face diversions as one of town’s busiest roads shuts for up to three days
- Credit: roadworks.org
Drivers are being warned to face delays as a section of one of Fakenham’s busiest roads is closed for roadworks.
Part of Oak Street near the town's library and community centre will be shut from 7am on Monday July 15. The road closure could be in place up to midnight on Wednesday July 17 depending on how the work takes.
A new gas and water main connection is being put in by Cadent Gas and Anglian Water to a property next to 23 Oak Street.
Northbound traffic faces a diversion via Wells Road, Highfield Road, Queens Road, Norwich Street and Market Place.
Vehicles heading the other way will need to head down Bridge Street, Olivet Way, Whitehorse Street, Queens Road, Highfield Road and Wells Road.
You may also want to watch:
Buses that normally stop near the Central Cinema will instead stop short of the closure.
Increased congestion is likely in the town centre.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 4 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 5 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 6 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 7 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 10 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'