Motorists face diversions as one of town’s busiest roads shuts for up to three days
- Credit: roadworks.org
Drivers are being warned to face delays as a section of one of Fakenham’s busiest roads is closed for roadworks.
Part of Oak Street near the town's library and community centre will be shut from 7am on Monday July 15. The road closure could be in place up to midnight on Wednesday July 17 depending on how the work takes.
A new gas and water main connection is being put in by Cadent Gas and Anglian Water to a property next to 23 Oak Street.
Northbound traffic faces a diversion via Wells Road, Highfield Road, Queens Road, Norwich Street and Market Place.
Vehicles heading the other way will need to head down Bridge Street, Olivet Way, Whitehorse Street, Queens Road, Highfield Road and Wells Road.
You may also want to watch:
Buses that normally stop near the Central Cinema will instead stop short of the closure.
Increased congestion is likely in the town centre.
- 1 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 2 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 3 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 4 Your say: What is your favourite TV show ever?
- 5 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 6 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 7 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 8 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 9 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 10 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice