Motorists face diversions as one of town’s busiest roads shuts for up to three days
- Credit: roadworks.org
Drivers are being warned to face delays as a section of one of Fakenham’s busiest roads is closed for roadworks.
Part of Oak Street near the town's library and community centre will be shut from 7am on Monday July 15. The road closure could be in place up to midnight on Wednesday July 17 depending on how the work takes.
A new gas and water main connection is being put in by Cadent Gas and Anglian Water to a property next to 23 Oak Street.
Northbound traffic faces a diversion via Wells Road, Highfield Road, Queens Road, Norwich Street and Market Place.
Vehicles heading the other way will need to head down Bridge Street, Olivet Way, Whitehorse Street, Queens Road, Highfield Road and Wells Road.
You may also want to watch:
Buses that normally stop near the Central Cinema will instead stop short of the closure.
Increased congestion is likely in the town centre.
- 1 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 2 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 3 'Lost a couple of staff members a day' - how the 'pingdemic' is hitting Norfolk
- 4 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 5 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 6 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 7 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 8 First look at adventure trail ahead of opening
- 9 Pings and exemptions: What are the rules around self-isolation?
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected