Rotary club has late Christmas present for Fakenham charity
- Credit: Danielle Booden
A Norfolk rotary club will deliver a late Christmas present to a community charity following festive fundraising.
Fakenham and District Rotary Club raised £1,177 through its Christmas prize draw, topping it up to £1500, all in support of First Focus, a community charity that provides a number of invaluable services to the town.
The club raised funds for the group, who've been through some finical difficulties over the last year.
Gordon Turner, vice-president of the rotary club, said: “I think the club in the town is well known for helping local charities out for many years, and this is just a continuation of the work we look to do every year.
“Last year we did a similar thing for Heritage House in Wells.
“With the problems First Focus have been facing, we are very pleased to offer them some help.”
The team will present the funds to the charity at their next meeting on January 19.
- 1 New special school opens doors to first students
- 2 Fakenham 2022 - What to expect for housing, retail, tourism and hospitality
- 3 Fakenham firms keen to protect customers as rate of inflation soars
- 4 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 5 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 6 Pair of primary schools join Diocese of Norwich trust
- 7 Further cold weather alert for Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 Medals awarded to esteemed military man to go under the hammer
- 9 School heads reveal feeling of 'positivity' at start of term
- 10 Award-winning Norfolk pizza restaurant launches frozen range