Rugby club welcomes younger members with open day
- Credit: Alan Taylor
A rugby club has opened its doors to young players looking to try the game, raising hundreds of pounds in the process.
Chairman of youth rugby at Fakenham Rugby Club, Amanda Taylor, said: "We are incredibly pleased with our first junior section open day, and would like to thank our sponsors in the town.
"We are pleased to announce we raised over £600 for Fakenham Rugby Club's junior and mini's section, which will be used to provide new equipment, subsidise kit and help keep costs to parents to a minimum.
"We gained several new members, and any interested children are welcome to join us for training, we offer six weeks trial period before any membership is due."
The team 'Henry's Squad' won a dodgeball tournament, and medals for target games and obstacle courses went to Josh Skelton, Marcus Wood, Bryan Hubble and Brett Wood.
You may also want to watch:
Call 07899 661352 or email at email@example.com for more.
- 1 Covid outbreak factory's safety message to customers
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Optician's lockdown eyesight health plea
- 4 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 10 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life