Rugby club welcomes younger members with open day
- Credit: Alan Taylor
A rugby club has opened its doors to young players looking to try the game, raising hundreds of pounds in the process.
Chairman of youth rugby at Fakenham Rugby Club, Amanda Taylor, said: "We are incredibly pleased with our first junior section open day, and would like to thank our sponsors in the town.
"We are pleased to announce we raised over £600 for Fakenham Rugby Club's junior and mini's section, which will be used to provide new equipment, subsidise kit and help keep costs to parents to a minimum.
"We gained several new members, and any interested children are welcome to join us for training, we offer six weeks trial period before any membership is due."
The team 'Henry's Squad' won a dodgeball tournament, and medals for target games and obstacle courses went to Josh Skelton, Marcus Wood, Bryan Hubble and Brett Wood.
You may also want to watch:
Call 07899 661352 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more.
- 1 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 2 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 3 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 4 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Day of two halves - Footballer wins £80,000 and breaks leg in 24 hours
- 7 Stately home to host work by famous sculptor
- 8 On the buses: Mobile Covid vaccination service is launched
- 9 'Back doing what I love' - Fakenham welcomes another 'new normal'
- 10 Hairdressers excited to reopen salon and welcome back clients