Rugby club welcomes younger members with open day
- Credit: Alan Taylor
A rugby club has opened its doors to young players looking to try the game, raising hundreds of pounds in the process.
Chairman of youth rugby at Fakenham Rugby Club, Amanda Taylor, said: "We are incredibly pleased with our first junior section open day, and would like to thank our sponsors in the town.
"We are pleased to announce we raised over £600 for Fakenham Rugby Club's junior and mini's section, which will be used to provide new equipment, subsidise kit and help keep costs to parents to a minimum.
"We gained several new members, and any interested children are welcome to join us for training, we offer six weeks trial period before any membership is due."
The team 'Henry's Squad' won a dodgeball tournament, and medals for target games and obstacle courses went to Josh Skelton, Marcus Wood, Bryan Hubble and Brett Wood.
You may also want to watch:
Call 07899 661352 or email at email@example.com for more.
- 1 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 2 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 3 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 4 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
- 5 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 6 Renowned violinist to play at Nelson's village church
- 7 Ever fancied 'forest bathing'? How being close to nature can ease stress
- 8 Your say - Covid passports, good or bad idea?
- 9 A love letter to Norfolk - Poem written more than 50 years ago discovered in book
- 10 Heavy rain and thunder set to continue with weather warnings in place