Rugby club welcomes younger members with open day
- Credit: Alan Taylor
A rugby club has opened its doors to young players looking to try the game, raising hundreds of pounds in the process.
Chairman of youth rugby at Fakenham Rugby Club, Amanda Taylor, said: "We are incredibly pleased with our first junior section open day, and would like to thank our sponsors in the town.
"We are pleased to announce we raised over £600 for Fakenham Rugby Club's junior and mini's section, which will be used to provide new equipment, subsidise kit and help keep costs to parents to a minimum.
"We gained several new members, and any interested children are welcome to join us for training, we offer six weeks trial period before any membership is due."
The team 'Henry's Squad' won a dodgeball tournament, and medals for target games and obstacle courses went to Josh Skelton, Marcus Wood, Bryan Hubble and Brett Wood.
You may also want to watch:
Call 07899 661352 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more.
- 1 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Property spotlight: See inside this barn conversion for sale for £1.6m
- 4 RNLI to add 5,000 more names to new lifeboat
- 5 Thursford pumpkin house opens for its fourth year
- 6 Vineyard's £250,000 new winery presses its first grapes
- 7 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 8 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 9 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 10 Natalie Imbruglia announced for major new festival at Norfolk estate