Norfolk-born star Rupert Everett to take part in Q&A
- Credit: Archant
World-famous actor and director Rupert Everett is coming to Wells Maltings for a one-off fundraising event.
It will raise funds for Burnham Overy Village Hall's play equipment campaign, as well as for Wells Maltings' many community programmes.
The event, which starts at 6.15pm on Saturday, May 25, includes a screening of the 2018 box-office hit The Happy Prince in the building's new auditorium, in the company of the film's lead actor, director and writer.
Mr Everett, who is originally from Burnham Deepdale in north Norfolk and still has relatives in the area, will introduce what has been described as his "passion project", paying tribute to Oscar Wilde with a poignant look at the poet and playwright's tragic final days.
The special screening will be followed by a Q&A session, giving audience members the opportunity to pitch their questions to him in person.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Daykin, director of Wells Maltings arts, heritage and community centre, said: "It will be an honour and a privilege to welcome Rupert Everett to Wells Maltings.
"We offered tickets to this event to Wells Maltings' friends and patrons first and the evening is already a sell-out.
- 1 Property labelled a 'carbuncle' served urgent works notice
- 2 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold
- 3 Why were barriers blocking these town centre benches?
- 4 World War One commemorative statue stolen
- 5 Application for eight new Fakenham homes is scrapped
- 6 Trio launch new bell tent venture with a twist
- 7 Hotel says bookings up a week on from Sunday Times nod
- 8 Vital Fakenham charity secures future and gets back to business
- 9 Fakenham's Salvation Army forms two new groups
- 10 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
"We are delighted that Rupert Everett will be here and look forward to hearing about his wide-ranging work and celebrated career."
Wells Maltings is on Staithe Street, Wells-next-the-Sea. Box Office: 01328 710885; website: www.wellsmaltings.org.uk.