School reunion date
FOR some they were considered to be the best days of their lives.Now the classes of 1974 at the old Fakenham Secondary Modern School (now Fakenham High School) are being invited to join together in a reunion.
FOR some they were considered to be the best days of their lives.
Now the classes of 1974 at the old Fakenham Secondary Modern School (now Fakenham High School) are being invited to join together in a reunion.
Schoolfriends Sue Harper (nee Riches) and Polly Warnes (nee Gladwin) came up with the idea of bringing the leavers and teachers together from the summer of 1974 when they were talking about their respective 50th birthdays being celebrated this year.
The leavers group in 1974 were the first group that had to stay at school into the fifth year and would have been aged 15 and 16.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope that those that come along will bring old school photographs with them - we'll probably have a job recognising some of them,” said Mrs Warnes.
The event is being held on May 17 from 7pm onwards, and the two women hope as many leavers from 1974 as possible will be able to attend.
- 1 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 2 'Absolutely fantastic' - Mid-Norfolk pubs enjoy first Saturday back
- 3 Rescue drama as kayaker spotted 'clinging to a buoy'
- 4 Campaigner 'more convinced than ever' about new light rail link
- 5 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 6 'That's when reality hit' - Footballer speaks about life changing weekend
- 7 'It's a dream' - Wedding shop opens up in Fakenham
- 8 Women released under investigation after pub fight
- 9 Vandals smash planters two days after gallery reopens
- 10 Door-to-door salesman charged after 'aggression' complaints
Anyone interested in the reunion can contact Mrs Warnes on 01328 855122 or Mrs Harper on 01328 863784.