School reunion date
FOR some they were considered to be the best days of their lives.Now the classes of 1974 at the old Fakenham Secondary Modern School (now Fakenham High School) are being invited to join together in a reunion.
FOR some they were considered to be the best days of their lives.
Now the classes of 1974 at the old Fakenham Secondary Modern School (now Fakenham High School) are being invited to join together in a reunion.
Schoolfriends Sue Harper (nee Riches) and Polly Warnes (nee Gladwin) came up with the idea of bringing the leavers and teachers together from the summer of 1974 when they were talking about their respective 50th birthdays being celebrated this year.
The leavers group in 1974 were the first group that had to stay at school into the fifth year and would have been aged 15 and 16.
You may also want to watch:
“We hope that those that come along will bring old school photographs with them - we'll probably have a job recognising some of them,” said Mrs Warnes.
The event is being held on May 17 from 7pm onwards, and the two women hope as many leavers from 1974 as possible will be able to attend.
- 1 Drivers complain over 'cracked' road - despite two council fixes
- 2 Flooding concerns over plans for 12 village homes
- 3 People 'driving across the county' to new Indian street food van
- 4 'We'll miss it' - Rector leaves town's church after six years
- 5 Sudbury restaurant manager who stole £1,200 is ordered to pay back money
- 6 Pensthorpe steps in to help save endangered birds
- 7 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 8 Town council move to ban plastic crab lines from Cromer Pier
- 9 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 10 Retired landlady died at home after asbestos exposure, inquest hears
Anyone interested in the reunion can contact Mrs Warnes on 01328 855122 or Mrs Harper on 01328 863784.